Thursday, June 23, 2022

Organising, Swatching, Labelling and Having Fun

Hi my friends, if you follow my blog, you'll know I'm a little bit obsessed with organisation and always looking for good storage ideas. For some time I've been thinking that some of my Idea-ology storage was not cutting the mustard. I store the smaller paper items in Sizzix envelopes in baskets in my Tim Holtz Cart right by my workdesk and at the moment that works perfectly for me.

The problem lay with the bigger items which don't fit in these envelopes - Paper Pads, Remnant Rubs, Worn Wallpaper, Clippings Sticker Books etc, which were stored in a higgedly piggedly mix of boxes stacked on top of my bookcases, out of reach and requiring me to stand on a chair to access. So imagine the delightful lightbulb moment when my adorable Professor shared his genius storage solutions for all things Idea-ology in a recent inspirational tour of his studio, a big thank you to Tim for sharing some great storage solutions and giving me the kick up the bum I needed to finally sort out my Idea-ology clutter. However, the size of pockets Tim used were too large to fit in my plastic storage bins but after a lot of measuring and scrolling through Amazon UK, I found some that were just the ticket - 5.9" x 9.9" HERE. But they were side opening and although they are fairly sturdy, I wasn't sure how the closure tab would stand up to constant use, so I closed the tab, trimmed the top edge so that I could use them vertically and just slide the contents in and out.


I'm not going to lie, this was a mammoth task which at times had me questioning my sanity but definitely one of those jobs that, once it was done, I was so glad I bit that organising bullet - 5 pieces of "jammed full" storage boxes condensed into 3 neat plastic storage bins which sit perfectly next to my Idea-ology Collage Paper bin.




The incentive I needed to keep going was knowing that a delicious bundle of Uncharted Mariner, the newest colour to join the Distress family was on it's way and would need to be swatched and labelled before playtime could begin.
The result of a rainy afternoon spent in my happy place, just playing and having fun.


I'll be back to share once I've turned the backgrounds into cards, have fun with whatever you are making.
Hugs Kath xxx

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kath, your so organised. I think all your stash is lucky to have you :)) and love all the ideas you come up with.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! You have been busy, I'm working on mine too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. l just love to see other peoples crafts and how they store them your so organised x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Love your labels and organization. You and my FIL would get along perfectly! Great tip on how to store ideology. Thank you for your inspiration! Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kath, have you ever done (or thought of doing) a video on what you've described about your organization? Not the whole organization, just maybe what you did with those folders and the bins you stored them in.
    I love the way your room looks and the labeling of your items. I'm trying to re-organize my entire craft room/studio now and this would really help.
    Thank you,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete