Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Simon Says - You're Sweet

Hi my friends, I'm back to share another card made using Simon Says July Card Kit. Can you tell I had so much fun making with this card kit but this will be the last card for now, time to move on to new making and organisation adventures. I used the Simple Stories Vintage Lemon Twist patterned papers, Tim Holtz/Idea-ology Baseboards Window Frames with Distress Crackle Texture Paste and Simon SaysYou Shine stamp set for the sentiment.


I trimmed one of the Simple Stories Vintage Lemon Twist papers to 3.3/4 x 5" and a co-ordinating paper to fit behind the Idea-ology Baseboards Window Frame.
I applied Distress Crackle Texture Paste to the Window Frame using a palette knife and set aside to dry.
I fussy cut the flowers and bee motif from the patterned papers
I fixed the patterned paper panel to an A2 white card blank, fixed the co-ordinating paper to the back of the Window Frame and fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium. I used foam adhesive and Distress Collage to attach the fussy cut flowers, stems and bee.
I inked the sentiment from the You Shine stamp set with Versamark ink, stamped on to a scrap of Simon Says Black Cardstock, sprinkled with Simon Says White Detail Embossing Powder and heat set. I fussy cut around the sentiment and fixed to the Window Frame with Distress Collage Medium Matte.

To finish I added Ranger Glossy Accents to the centres of the flowers.
I'm rather surprised by two things this morning - the first is that tomorrow is the last day of June already, crikey the last 6 months have flown by and the second is that this gorgeous Card Kit hasn't sold out yet and you know what they say, once it's gone it's gone but you can grab it while you still can HERE.
Happy Crafting
Hugs Kath xxx