Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Simon Says - Layering Cosmos Stencil

Hi my friends, I've been on a mission for the last week or so, busy re-organising the cubbyhole which left me playing catch up with the list of things to do, trying to make a dent in the pile of products on my workdesk before a very special parcel arrived. Today I'm sharing another card using Simon Says Layering Cosmos Stencil from the recent Let's Chill release and you can check out all the products from the release HERE.

I began by trimming Distress Watercolor card to 4" x 5.1/4" and placed on Media Grip (love love love this product, don't know how I managed without it). I inked Simon Says Lined Background Cling Stamp with Brushed Corduroy Distress Oxide ink, spritzed with water and stamped on to the panel.
Using Simon Says Layering Cosmos Stencil, I applied Mowed Lawn and Twisted Citron Distress Oxide inks with a small blending brush to create the stems and leaves.
I repeated the process for the flowers using Kitsch Flamingo, Picked Raspberry and Mustard Seed Distress Oxides. I used the small blending brush for the flowers and the flat detail brushes for the flower centres and to add shading to the flowers. I added water splatters to the panel and dabbed dry with kitchen towel. As you can see I had a little boo boo moment with the flower stem on the left so I stencilled more flowers on a scrap of Distress Watercolor card.
I fussy cut one of the flowers, leaving a small border and fixed to the panel using foam adhesive. I die-cut Simon Says Scripty Big Hugs, included in the June Card Kit, from black cardstock and fixed the word hugs to the panel with Simon Says, perfect for using with small intricate die-cuts.
I added splatters of Black Gesso, an Idea-ology Label Sticker to complete the sentiment, matted the panel on to Simon Says Black Cardstock trimmed to be 1/8" larger and fixed to an A2 white card blank.


Join me tomorrow to hear all about my organising adventure, in the meantime, have fun with whatever you are creating.
Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty card Kath, love the flowers.
    Can't wait to see what your next creation is, always good to see.xx

    ReplyDelete