Friday, June 17, 2022

Simon Says - Sending Good Vibes

Happy Friday my friends, I'm back to share a card made with the Layering Cosmos Stencil, Sending Good Vibes Die and set of Flat Detail Blending Brushes from Simon Says latest release - Let's Chill. You can check out all the fabulous new products in the release HERE



I began by trimming Distress Watercolor card to 4" x 5.1/4" and using the Flat Detailer Blending Brushes applied Distress Oxide inks through the Layering Cosmos Stencil to create an all over background pattern (the colours are linked below). I decided that it was a bit too bright and in your face so I spritzed the panel with water and blotted with kitchen towel to get that soft oxidised watercolour effect. I inked the script portion of one of the stamps from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Botanic Collage with Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide ink, stamped randomly over the panel and added splatters of Walnut Stain Distress Oxide ink diluted with water.
I die-cut the shadow die from the panel using Simon Says Sending Good Vibes, die-cut the words from that section and set aside. I die-cut the shadow section again from Distress Watercolor card and stamped randomly with the script stamp. I matted the panel on to an A2 white card blank and fixed the shadow section back in place with Distress Collage Medium. I die-cut the words 3 times from Distress Watercolor card, layered to create dimension and fixed on top of the shadow die-cut.
To finish, I coloured the original words die-cut with Carved Pumpkin Distress Oxide to make it more prominent against the background using the flat detail blending brush, fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium Matte and applied Ranger Glossy Accents.

Have a great weekend whatever you have planned. It looks like it's going to be a sunshine weekend in my little corner of the planet, so I'll be spending some time in the garden before I head over to the party at Tim and Mario's place to launch the new Distress colour - 9.00am PT, 12.00pm ET and 5.00pm if you're in the UK. I've long given up trying to guess what the colour might be but I know it will be the one that we never thought we needed until we see it.
Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment: