Sunday, June 26, 2022

Simon Says - You Shine July Card Kit

Hi my friends, I'm playing catch up with the pile of goodies on my workdesk, sharing a sneaky Sunday blog post and a card made with the gorgeous You Shine stamp set and beautiful Simple Stories Vintage Lemon Twist patterned papers from Simon Says July Card Kit. At the time of writing the kit is still available to purchase or if you prefer, you can buy the items from the kit individually HERE.

A rather appropriate card since I've been squeezing a lot of lemons this past week - not for cocktails I hasten to add but to mix with Manuka Honey in hot drinks to try and see off a stinking cold and I'm happy to report it seems to have done the trick.I trimmed the Simple Stories Vintage Lemon Twist paper to 4" x 5.1/4", applied Mustard Seed Distress Paint around the edges using a piece of Cut 'n Dry Foam, added splatters and matted the paper on to an A2 white card blank.I stamped the sentiment from Simon Says You Shine stamp set inked with Simon Says Intense Black Ink.I inked the lemon, flower and leaf images from the stamp set with Versamark ink and stamped on to Distress Watercolor card. I sprinkled with Simon Says White Detail Embossing Powder, heat set and coloured with Distress Inks (colours linked below) using Simon Says Blending Brushes.I added splatters of Black Gesso to the flowers and lemon, fussy cut the images and fixed to the card using Distress Collage Medium and foam adhesive behind the large lemon and flowers to create dimension.


I'll be back tomorrow to share my DT project for Simon Says Monday Challenge, in the meantime, enjoy what's left of the weekend.
Happy Crafting
Hugs Kath xxx

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful and creative card and love the splash of colour on the gingham background card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed this one Kath and its so gorgeous, love the gingham background and the realistic lemons, gorgeous.xx

    ReplyDelete