Monday, June 27, 2022

Simon Says - Dandy Floral

Hi my friends, I'm sharing a card made with Simon Says Dandy Floral Embossing Folder and Die from the recent Let's Chill release. The embossing folder includes a separate die which cuts out the flower head. You can check out all the products from the release HERE

I used a 4" x 5.1/4" panel of Distress Watercolor card from my backgrounds box coloured with Bundled Sage Distress Oxide. I placed the panel in the Dandy Floral Embossing Folder and ran it through my Sizzix Foldaway. I coloured the small flower buds in the foreground with Carved Pumpkin Distress Oxide ink, diluted with water, using a small paintbrush, added splatters to the background and matted on to an A2 white card blank.
I used Simon Says Blending Brushes to colour the foreground and the stems with Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide ink.
I embossed the flower head on to scraps of Distress Watercolor card, coloured with Mustard Seed, Fossilized Amber and Carved Pumpkin Distress Oxide inks using the blending brushes and die-cut. I fussy cut the flower centre from the second die-cut and added Sakura Black Glaze Pen.
I shaped the petal and fixed the flower to the panel, applying adhesive to the centres of the die-cuts only.
To finish I added a Tim Holtz/Idea-ology Sentiments Label Sticker.

I'll be back soon to share my DT project for Simon Says Monday Challenge and to share some more "playing catch up with the July Card Kit" cards, in the meantime, have fun with whatever you are making.
Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment: