Thursday, June 16, 2022

Simon Says - Let's Chill

Hi my friends, I'm sharing two cards with a summer vibe using the Soaring Birthday stamp set from Simon Says Stamp latest release, Let's Chill. You can check out all the fabulous new products in this release HERE.  

I used Tim Holtz Distress Oxides for the backgrounds and Distress Ink Re-inkers to colour the images.


I trimmed Distress Watercolor card to 4" x 5.1/4", smooshed Salty Ocean, Twisted Citron and Peeled Paint Distress Oxide inks on to my Glass Media Mat and spritzed with water. I picked the colours up on pieces of acetate and pressed on to the panel, drying each colour before moving on to the next. I stamped the images from Simon Says Soaring Birthday stamp set, inked with Simon Says Intense Black ink and coloured with Distress Ink Re-inkers (linked below). I stamped the kite on to a scrap of Distress Watercolor card, coloured, fussy cut and fixed in place with foam adhesive.
The tree image didn't quite reach the top of the panel, so I extended the line using a black marker pen and coloured.
I fixed the panel to an A2 white card blank using Distress Collage Medium.


I smooshed Twisted Citron Distress Oxide ink on to my Glass Media Mat, spritzed with water, laid a 4" x 5.1/4" panel of Distress Watercolor ink on to the ink, dried and tapped back in to pick up the remaining droplets. I stamped the kite and sentiment from Soaring Birthday on to the panel and the kite on to a scrap of Distress Watercolor card, inked with Simon Says Intense Black ink. I coloured the kite with Candied Apple Distress Ink Re-inker using a Distress Detailer Brush, fussy cut the kite and bows and fixed to the original stamped image. I inked the heart from the stamp set with Candied Apple Distress Oxide ink and stamped randomly over the panel. I added splatters of Distress Picket Fence Paint.

I matted the panel on to Simon Says Schoolhouse Red Cardstock trimmed 1/8" larger and fixed to an A2 white card blank using Distress Collage Medium.
I'll be back soon to share more makes with goodies from the Let's Chill release, in the meantime. have fun with whatever you are making.
Hugs Kath xxx