Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Simon Says - Make Lemonade

Hi my friends, I'm back to share another card using the You Shine stamp set from Simon Says July Card Kit. The card kit is still available to buy or you can purchase the individual items from the kit HERE


I die-cut one of the backgrounds I made with Uncharted Mariner, Salvaged Patina and Mustard Seed Distress Oxide inks using Tim Holtz/Stacked Hexagon Tiles.
I masked off the sentiment from Simon Says You Shine stamp set, inked with Intense Black ink and stamped separately on a panel of Distress Watercolor card.
I stamped the lemon image from You Shine with Simon Says Intense Black ink and coloured with Squeezed Lemonade and Salvaged Patina Distress Re-inkers using a Distress Detail Brush.
I added splatters of Mustard Seed Distress Oxide ink, arranged the Stacked Tiles Hexagons on the panel and fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium.
I stamped the butterfly image from You Shine and coloured as before with Squeezed Lemonade and Salvaged Patina, adding a touch of Uncharted Mariner to add shading on the body and wings.
I fussy cut around the lemon and butterfly leaving a small border - there are separate dies available for this stamp set but mine haven't arrived yet and the shapes are simple to cut. I fixed them in place with foam adhesive to create dimension.
I trimmed the panel to 3.3/4" x 5" and fixed to an A2 Kraft HeavyStock card blank.
I've got one more July Card Kit make to share with you soon. Have fun with whatever you are making.
Hugs Kath xxx

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Card so refreshing just like the lemons x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Kath, love the cool feel and fun sentiment.xx

    ReplyDelete