Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Christmas Advent Calendar Box - Part 2

Hi my friends, I'm back to share how I decorated the shelves on my Christmas Advent Calendar Box and there is something so magical about creating little scenes with Tim Holtz/Sizzix Paper Village Thinlits, Idea-ology Woodland Trees, Bubbles, Christmas Confections and Christmas Salvaged Reindeer, Distress Mica Flakes, Distress Rock Candy Glitter and Idea-ology Tiny Lights. If you missed yesterday's post with a link to the tutorial for creating the box and the advent boxes, you can find all the details HERE

I coloured Idea-ology Woodland Trees with Peeled Paint and Rustic Wilderness Distress Spray Stains, tapped on Distress Collage Medium with my fingers and dusted with Distress Mica Flakes. I coated my fingers with Distress Collage Medium, rolled the Idea-ology Christmas Confections and Bubbles around and then tossed into a tub of Distress Rock Candy Glitter and left to dry. I painted the Idea-ology Christmas Salvaged Reindeer with Frayed Burlap Distress Paint, distressed with Walnut Stain Distress Crayon and added Distress Grit Paste and Distress Rock Candy Glitter to the antlers.
I die-cut the houses from Distress Watercolor card and Simon Says Lipstick Red and Green Apple cardstock using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Paper Village Thinlits, assembled, added Distress Grit Paste to the roofs and dusted with Distress Rock Candy Glitter. I placed the Tiny Lights battery pack in the box, fed the wire up through the hole on to the shelf and with a rough idea where the houses and trees were going to go, I fixed in place with hot glue. I fixed all the decorations in place with hot glue and applied a layer of Distress Grit Paste to hide any of the wires that were showing and sprinkled with Distress Rock Candy Glitter.
Then it was time to switch on those magical Tiny Lights.

Time to fill each box with a chocolate treat ready for December 1st.
Have fun if you decide to make yourself a Christmas Advent Calendar Box or whatever you are making for Christmas Decor.
Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment: