Friday, November 24, 2023

Wintermas Countdown to Christmas - Day 7

Hello my friends, it's Friday already and here we are at Day 7 on my Wintermas Wonder Box adventure. Behind today's door was a pack of gorgeous Wintermas sparkly sequins and snowflakes.

I made a simple card using the Wintermas Embellishment Mix to decorate the tree shape stencilled on to Distress Black HeavyStock and added a Simon Says Bold Acetate Christmas Sentiment Strip.
I die-cut the tree shape from scrap card using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Stacked Tiles Triangles to create a stencil. I fixed the stencil to a 4" x 5.1/4" panel of Distress Black HeavyStock and used Simon Says Stamp White Pigment ink with a Detail Round Blending Brush to create the tree and the trunk.

I fixed the sequins and snowflakes from the Wintermas Embellishment Mix in place with Distress Collage Medium.
I sprinkled Stampendous Frantage Aged Silver and Chunky White Embossing Enamels over the background and heat set from underneath.
I added Trinity Stamps Frosty Snowflakes on to the background and on top of the sequin snowflakes to add a little dimension.
I pounced Simon Says White Pigment ink around the edges of the panel to create a snowy look. I trimmed Simon Says Bold Acetate Christmas Sentiment Strip, fixed to a scrap of white card and added to the panel using Distress Collage Medium.
To finish I matted the panel on to a white card blank and trimmed to leave a small border
Today is Black Friday in the US and I have many happy memories of November trips to New York and the crazy shopping frenzy and amazing bargains in Macys.
with frequent "catch our breath and rest our feet" pit stops at Bryant Park for delicious coffee and apple cinnamon crepes.
My Black Friday shopping is now confined to online, sitting on the sofa with a cuppa and my laptop. Not as much fun but definitely easier on the feet and less stressful.
Hugs Kath xxx

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, so sparkly and festive Kath I just love it.
    You were so lucky to shop at Macys, what a great time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh and those crepes look delicious beautiful card too x

    ReplyDelete