Friday, November 3, 2023

Wintermas Countdown to Christmas - Day 1

Hello my friends, woohoo, the Simon Says Stamp Wintermas Wonder Box has arrived in the cubbyhole and who doesn't love an advent calendar. I'm super excited to have 12 boxes to open and reveal the surprises inside and will be sharing what I make with each surprise, in the countdown to Christmas.

Behind Door No 1 is the Winter Wonderland stamp set with a cute snowman and beautiful snowflakes.
Here's what I made
I die-cut 2 tags from Distress Watercolor card using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Stacked Tags Thinlits and coloured with Spun Sugar, Kitsch Flamingo and Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide inks using mini round blending tools to create an ombre effect.
I stamped the snowman, snowflakes and To and From inked with Simon Says Intense Black ink.
I trimmed Simon Says Black cardstock to 3.3/4" x 5" and stamped Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Ticking background stamp, inked with Simon Says White Pigment ink, vertically and horizontally to create a plaid effect.
I was intending decorating a gift bag but changed my mind and fixed the background panel to an A2 white card blank. I used Black Soot Distress Ink and a mini round blending tool to darken the edges of the tags and to colour the tag reinforcers. I tied silver twine through the smaller tag and added a silver twine double bow to the large tag. I fixed the smaller tag in place with Distress Collage Medium and the larger tag popped up on foam squares to add dimension. To finish I added Trinity Stamps Creamy Vanilla Heart Sprinkles.



I can't wait to see what's behind Door No 2 and will be back to share what I make soon. In the meantime, enjoy your weekend whatever you are planning. I'm looking forward to Tim and Mario's Christmas Holiday Hoopla Party over on Tim's YouTube Channel, tomorrow 9am PT 12pm ET and 4pm UK. Everyone's welcome and you don't need to dress up but I would suggest having lots of snacks and refreshments because it's probably going to go on well into the night if you are in the same time zone as me.
Hugs Kath xxx

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Kath l am so looking forward to you opening the remaining numbers and see what you make with the goodies inside x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing, never seen this before Kath in all the years I have followed your blog, where have I been to miss it I wonder ???? Anyway, amazing too see what you made from door number 1, can't wait to see the rest. xx

    ReplyDelete