Thursday, July 25, 2024

Simon Says Stamp - Halloween Friends

Hello my friends, Simon Says Stamp have another fabulous release today called Cheering For You. You can check out all the fabulous new products from the release HERE.


I'm sharing 2 spooky Halloween cards using the Halloween Friends and Old Letter stamp sets, Bat Trio dies and A2 Acetate Cards from the release,

I smooshed Ripe Persimmon and Villainous Potion Distress Oxide inks on to the craft mat on my Glass Media Mat, spritzed with water and tapped A2 panels of Distress Watercolor card into the ink and dried. I tapped the panels repeatedly back into the ink to pick up the remaining droplets, dried between layers until I was happy with the backgrounds.
I die-cut a top-folding card blank from Distress Black HeavyStock using the largest die from Simon Says Stamp Nested Domed Arches. I used the 2nd largest die to cut a panel from one of the coloured backgrounds and the 2nd and 3rd largest die to cut a frame from the 2nd coloured background.
I stamped Simon Says Stamp Old Letter background on to the background panel, inked with Simon Says Stamp Intense Black ink. 
I stamped the moon image from Simon Says Stamp Halloween Friends on to the panel, inked with Simon Says Stamp White Pigment ink.
I stamped the images from Halloween Friends, inked with Simon Says Stamp Intense Black ink on to a scrap of Strathmore Bristol Smooth White card, coloured with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and fussy cut using Tim Holtz/Tonic Studios Recoil Mini Snips.
I fixed the background panel to the top folding card blank using Distress Collage Medium and fixed one of the ghosts to the background. I added black 3D foam tape around the edge and a selection of purple, gold and iridescent silver sequins from my stash.
I die-cut Simon Says Stamp Heat Resistant Acetate using the second largest Nested Domed Arches die, stamped the sentiment from Halloween Friends with Simon Says Stamp White Pigment ink, sprinkled with Simon Says Stamp White Detail Embossing Powder, heat set and fixed the acetate to the frame with strong double sided adhesive tape.
I fixed the frame in place, added the ghosts and bats, die-cut from Distress Black HeavyStock using Simon Says Stamp Bat Trio dies.
I stamped the sentiment from Halloween Friends on to a strip of Distress Black HeavyStock, inked with Simon Says Stamp White Pigment Ink, sprinkled with White Detail Embossing Powder, heat set and fixed to the card front. I used a Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen to add eyes to the bats and Ranger Glossy Accents to the ghosts eyes and noses.
To finish I added splatters of Fossilized Amber Distress Spritz to the frame, ghosts and bats.

I couldn't waste the die-cut centre panel from creating the shaker frame so decided to make another card.
I die-cut panels from Distress Black HeavyStock and Distress Watercolor card using a larger die from Simon Says Stamp Nested Domed Arches and fixed the die-cut centre panel to the black die cut. I stamped the moon and bats from Simon Says Stamp Halloween Friends on to the panel, inked with Simon Says Stamp White Pigment and Intense Black inks. I added splatters of Fossilized Amber Distress Spritz and fixed the panel inside a Simon Says Stamp A2 Acetate card. I added the white die-cut panel to the back of the acetate card to create a place to write a personal message.
I stamped the sentiment from Halloween Friends on to a scrap of Distress Black HeavyStock, inked with Simon Says Stamp White Pigment ink, sprinkled with White Embossing Powder and heat set. I fussy cut around the words and fixed to the front of the acetate card. I stamped the ca\ndy corn with Simon Says Stamp Intense Black ink, coloured with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers, fussy cut and fixed to the sentiments.
I stamped the ghosts with Intense Black ink on to a scrap of Strathmore Bristol Smooth card, coloured with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers, fussy cut and fixed to the front of the acetate card. I stamped the "have a spooktacular Halloween" sentiment on to Distress Black HeavyStock inked with White Pigment ink, sprinkled with white embossing powder, heat set, trimmed out the word "spooktacular" and fixed to the card..


I'll be back soon to share more makes with products from the Cheering For You release. In the meantime, have fun with whatever you are making.
Hugs Kath xxx





3 comments:

  1. This is so lovely Kath you make it look so easy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card, and I love your background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card! Those little Ghosts and shakers are wonderful on the great background!

    ReplyDelete