Friday, July 26, 2024

Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous - Tidbits

Hello my friends, I'm sharing the set of 4 cards I made for the YouTube Live launch of Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Everyday 2 release using the Tidbits stamp set to create colourful backgrounds.

I smooshed Distress Oxide inks (colours listed below) on to my craft mat, spritzed with water, picked up the ink on a piece of plastic and pressed on to 2 - A2 panels of Distress Watercolor card.
I trimmed an 8.5" x 11" sheet of Distress Watercolor card in half, inked the Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Tidbits stamp set on the carrier sheet with Versamark ink, pressed one of the panels on to the stamp, sprinked with Ranger Fine Detail Embossing Powder and heat set. I re-inked again, sprinkled with Ranger Black Embossing Powder and heat set. I smooshed the same colours of Distress Oxide inks on to my Media Mat, pressed the panels into the inks and dried. I repeatedly tapped the panels on to the remaining ink droplets, drying between layers until I was happy with the backgrounds.
I fixed Tim Holtz/Sizzix Stacked Hexagon Tiles Thinlits (the second largest die in the set) to the panel and die-cut and the result - two backgrounds for the price of one.
Using the die-cut panel as a template, I fixed the hexagons to one of the background panels, trimmed the die-cut panel to 4" x 5.1/4" and fixed to an A2 white card blank. I die-cut the hexagons again from Distress Black HeavyStock and fixed into the negative spaces. I inked the sentiments from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Floristry with Versamark ink, stamped on to the hexagons and a scrap of Distress Black HeavyStock, sprinkled with Ranger White Fine Detail Embossing Powder and heat set.To separate the words, I masked off each word, inked, removed the masking tape and stamped on to the individual hexagons.
I repeated the process with the second background using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Stacked Rectangle Tiles Thinlits.
I placed the die-cut background on to an A2 panel of Distress Watercolor card, traced around the apertures with a pencil and stamped the sentiment from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Floristry inked with Versafine Clair Nocturne Ink.
I used the pencil lines as a guide to fix foam strips to create shaker windows and once the strips were in place, I erased the lines, filled the spaces with sequins and fixed a panel of acetate on top to seal.
I stamped one of the flower images from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous French Garden, inked with Black Soot Distress Archival, on to scraps of Distress Watercolor card and fussy cut. I added the full image to 2 of the cards and the flowerhead and one leaf to the others, popped up on foam squares to add dimension.
I stamped the sentiments from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Floristry on to scraps of Distress Black HeavyStock, inked with Versamark, sprinkled with Ranger White Fine Detail Embossing Powder, heat set and fixed to the panels, popped up on foam squares. I had a change of heart about the sentiment on the shaker card, die-cut another rectangle to fit in the bottom right hand corner to introduce a black element, added the sentiment and fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium.
To finish I matted the panels on to A2 white card blanks.

I'll be back soon to share the last of my makes for the Live, in the meantime, have fun with whatever you're making.
Hugs Kath xxx

3 comments: