Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Hodgepodge

Hello my friends, I'm back to share the last of my makes for the YouTube Live launch of Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Everyday 2 Collection using the Hodgepodge stamp set and the Spots, Labels and Wheel Layering Stencils from the last release and I'm sure you'll agree what a fabulous collection it is. If you missed the Live, you can always catch up with the products and the amazing projects from the Makers over on Tim's YouTube Channel or Blog. I decided to have some fun and make 3 cards in a hodgepodge style using bits and pieces from this amazing and so versatile background stamp.


To begin I inked the Hodgepodge background stamp with Black Soot Distress Archival and stamped twice on to 8.5" x 11" Distress Watercolor card, ready to trim out the sections to be popped up on each card. For the first card, I die-cut a circle from Distress Watercolor card and with the Hodgepodge stamp still on the carrier sheet, inked with Black Soot Distress Archival and pressed the circle on to the stamp.
I applied Peacock Feathers and Prize Ribbon Distress Oxide inks through the Spots Layering Stencil using Distress Tiny blending tools and with the stencil still in place applied Distress Translucent Texture Paste using a palette knife. I added shading to areas of the background with Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide ink and Scorched Timber Distress ink, trimmed out sections from the stamped background, added to the circle popped up on foam squares to add dimension and fixed to a black card blank die-cut with a larger circle die.
I trimmed Distress Watercolor card to 4" x 6", masked off the edges, stamped a section of the background stamp inked with Black Soot Distress Archival ink and tore around the edge. I repeated the stencilling using Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide ink and Distress Transparent Texture Paste with the Labels Layering Stencil, coloured the background as before and added the trimmed out sections. I matted the panel on to Distress Black HeavyStock trimmed to 4.7/8" x 6.7/8" and fixed to a 5" x 7" white card blank.
I trimmed Distress Watercolor card to 4.7/8" x 6.7/8" and stamped small sections of the background stamp on the panel, inked with Black Soot Distress Archival ink. I inked the whole panel with Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide ink, spritzed with water to create water droplets and added splatters of Prize Ribbon Distress Oxide ink. I applied Distress Transparent Texture Paste through the Labels Layering Stencil over the stamped background sections. Once the paste was dry, I applied Scorched Timber Distress ink over the stencilled areas, fixed the trimmed out sections, inked around the edges with Scorched timber and fixed in place, popped up on foam squares. To finish I fixed the panel to a 5" x 7" white card blank.


Happy Crafting and have fun when your stamps arrive.
Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment: