Sunday, September 14, 2008

A dark and very sad day

Well yesterday dawned like any other at Chez Kath...and I had so much to share with you.....6.00am....let Buddy outside for his piddle, kettle on and settle down at the computer for an hour or so, catching up with e-mails and a bit of blog hopping and of course, my daily fix of humour from Kirsty Wiseman.....was my world turned upside down to learn of the tragic death of one of Kirsty's Studio Calico forum buddies.....killed while driving to work on Friday morning by a driver who ran a red light.   Aleida......a fun and feisty lady who embraced life with both hands, an adoring wife and mom to two gorgeous young children and an adored friend and forum buddy to many.
My emotions went into turmoil and I don't know why...I never knew this lovely lady...had never visited her blog....well was I missing out.....hubby can't understand why I was so upset by the death of someone I never knew.   Perhaps having loved and lost I can identify with that gut wrenching moment that changes your life for ever, the pain..the hurt and the anger and the feeling that your heart is so sore that it's going to break in two.
Two particularly poignant posts on her blog left me sobbing uncontrollably.....this one from last Friday and the other highlighting her fear of driving on the roads.  So many lives shattered in a moment and the young driver,  female aged 22 will have to live with the consequences of her inattention and thoughtlessness for the rest of her life.....my heart goes out to both families.
Well my mojo and enthusiasm for crafting went out the window and I spent the day moping around and visiting the forum to read all the lovely tributes left by Aleida's many friends and their reminisences of their fun times together. 
LIFE IS SUCH A PREVIOUS GIFT AND IT IS SO UNFAIR THAT SOMEONE CAN TAKE THAT AWAY.
I think it has helped me to share this with you.....silly old chicken hearted Momma that I am.....seems to be an age thing.....can dissolve into tears at the slightest thing these days.
So all you wonderful bloggy buddies out there, take care while driving.....be safe.....I don't want to lose any of you.  Off now to try and get some work done....thanks for listening to this silly old moo.
Love Kath xxxxxxx