Sunday, September 21, 2008

Tag You're It Challenge

The challenge on Tag You're It this week is to create a card using the word DREAM or a derivative of the word...I'm still in Christmas mode and because I'm up-to-date almost...no mad deadlines...only a few commission cards and none of them urgent...I spent the whole day yesterday mooching around...it feels like a bit of an anti-climax after 3 weeks of hard slog on the Christmas samples. Now I have lots of new stuff to play with but seem to have lost my mojo big time...hopefully a couple of days off will do the trick.
Decided that since I'm still very much in Christmas mode I would make a tree hanger or it could be a wall hanger for the challenge. Two ovals cut out with Fiskars Shapecutter and template...stamped with my favourite snowflake stamp and Versamark and then embossed with White Embossing powder. Coloured with Tim Holtz Distressing Inkpad...wiping over with a kitchen towel to remove the ink from the snowflakes...added a strip of blue vellum ..a few laser cut snowflakes...a bit of bling and some gorgeous Costco organza ribbon.

Don't panic...I don't have my Christmas tree up yet...this was hung on the conifer which is just outside my cubbyhole door...the old gal hasn't quite lost the plot yet.
  • Stamp: Hero Arts..Snowflake Rosette
  • Ink Pad: Tim Holtz Distressing...Weathered Wood
  • Snowflakes: Crafty Bitz
  • Alphabet: Hero Arts..Artistic Upper Case Alphabet
  • Word: Studio G Clear Stamp Set
The weather is gorgeous here today so I think I will have a spell tidying the garden and then fall out with the mountain of ironing....yuck...yuck...my least favourite job but the clothes available to wear are approaching nil so needs must...enjoy the rest of your weekend and hopefully I'll be back in the swing again next week.

20 comments:

  1. Hey honey, it's ME !!!!!!!

    Managed to get on today & accessing some challenges so watch this space.

    Absolutely adore this tag, the colours are just yummy, the layout, gorgeous snowflakes etc. No wonder you never fail to surprise me with your talent... How fab would this look on your christmas tree...

    Huge hugs & kisses
    Lorraine xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My!!! How gorgeous is this!! I agree, it would look absolutely gorgeous hanging on your tree! It's wonderful Kath - Thank You so much for playing along! ;o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is out of this word Kath and I love the way you took the picture!! Just fabulouos. Glad the weather is being kind and hope you are enjoying your Sunday. I'll be e-mailing you later xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous! Love everything about it!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha- you don't kid me - that really is your Christmas Tree isn't it??!!

    This is beautiful - really like it!! Would work well as a topper on a card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh this is so pretty, I have christmas decs on my to do lsit this year and also a christmas tree lol I love this stamp, i want it! hehe
    Great blog will definately pop back soon =)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those Crafty Bitz snowflakes are just gorgeous, as is the whole tag, gorgeous, you are very clever :)

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's the calm after the storm Kath!!! Your mojo will be up and running off again tomorrow!!
    This is so beautiful and those snowflakes are stunning.

    Dawn
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful tag - and so clever to make a Christmas themed one... love the shape too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulously gorgeous tag!! Lovely shades of blue, and those snowflakes are stunning!

    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my word...this is how I want ALL my Christmas tags, cards and wrapping paper to look!! It's absolutely gorgeous Kath, love both the stamped and cut snowflakes and how you've tied the ribbon...thanks so much for taking part in this challenge :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tag is so GORGEOUS, Kath! I love absolutely everything about it. The snowflakes are so intricate ... STUNNING! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is outstanding! what a shame there isn't a sampler on this site - your tag should definitely be featured!
    Ros

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the tree hanger.The colours are gorgeous and I adore the snowflakes.I did a similar idea with a LO making it look like a bauble.

    Cass xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous tag as are the snowflakes! I was looking for that stamp, but couldn`t find something. are you sure it is named Snowflake Rosette? I would be glad if you could tell me the number, because I am a big fan of snowflakes and this would be a beautiful addition to my snowflake collection.

    ReplyDelete