Monday, July 20, 2009

Allsorts Challenge # 10

Morning folks and it's time for a challenge card......the challenge this week on Allsorts has been set by my lovely bloggy bud.....Emma and is.......

ONE OF ANYTHING
to only use one of anything you put on your card
Papers: My Mind's Eye....Bloom & Grow 6 X 6
Flower & Leaf.....Die Cut Decoupage Pad
Background: Hero Arts..Large Delicate Woven Fabric
Sentiment: Hero Arts....Great Flourish Clear Stamp Set
Button: Basic Grey
Twine from stash
I found this challenge.....well let's say a little challenging......this was the second version because....numptie that I am....didn't stick to the rules......so we started again and once I had finished the card....you know that feeling that something is missing.....well I know now what it is.....needs a smaller leaf on the left hand side to balance up the design....but hey that ain't allowed and you know me....gotta play by the rules....but I will be adding the extra leaf before this one goes off in the post for a very special lady in my life.   And hey I am loving this new set from My Mind's Eye but must stash it away.....resist temptatuon.......and get on with the DT stuff for next week.    My new resolution is not to be constantly chasing my tail and skidding in by the seat of my pants every week....wonder how long that will last.
And what have you planned for this morning.....well go put the kettle on....get your bum on the sofa and tune into Create and Craft at 8.00am....my fabby boss Anice from Funky Hand is appearing live with her latest CD "Funky Word Books" and also demo-ing the Bind It All......Sky 671....Freeview  36......well coffee is ready and waiting......off to get comfy.......catch up with you all later.
Hugs Kath xxxxxxxx
P.S. Edited to add.......now that's better with two leaves

16 comments:

  1. Kath great card, but I must agree I like the updated one with the two leaves. I would struggle so much with that challenge, so well done to you and good luck. hugs Avril xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kath, beautiful card, i see you couldnt wait to get stuck into your new stamps and gorgeous papers!, they are so yummy.
    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, love the papers you used. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Hun

    I love your card hun thanks for making my challenge look so easy, even I wished I had not started it once I had to sit down and actually make a card lol!
    thanks for playing at Allsorts

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya KAth
    Beautiful beautiful card - still warm up hee but dull...


    Dawn
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card Kath,l love the flower and colours.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make me smile:) I love the way you posted the card for the challenge, then dashed off and added the crafty leaf later, and yes, it does look more balanced, and even more perfect... love that hessiany stuff you used. I make the DT get ahead resolution every week, every week I fail :(
    hugs
    En xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kath Your card is ooo `beautiful` I sooo love that flower..so `pretty` TFS
    Have a lovely Evening Mrs. Lovely:)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great both ways, but we are our own worst critics, I think. Have a great week!!
    Stephanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree totally with you Kath - this WAS a challenge but you've made it look so easy as usual. Love your card... both of em!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOOOVE the way this turned out. You rock, Kath!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! this is one beautiful card!!! love it!...Go by my blog to pick up something I left for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Kath.Love the flower,it's fabby.I saw them in my local craft shop today,but resisted,saving for crafty spend on hols.Got your email and sounds like a great idea.I'll keep in touch.
    Hugs
    Cass xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kath

    A wonderful card. Great flower and colours.

    I am pleased you enjoyed Emma's challenge. It isn't as easy as it seems at first glance.

    Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.

    Love Jules xx

    (feels funny commenting like this on your blog - it is normally you commenting on mine!!).

    ReplyDelete
  15. The new Bloom & Grow stuff is gorgeous! i was looking at it yesterday :) you've made a fabulous card with your goodies, love the flower! quite a tricky challenge though but you've come up trumps as always :)

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Kath, Such a lovely card! I love the Bloom & Grow range. I was looking at it when I was in The Range at the weekend by OH was giving me THE LOOK as I only went in to buy DST. Think I might have to pop in on my way home from work on Friday to see if any falls in my basket lol!

    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.

    Lisa x

    PS: I agree think I prefer it with the extra leaf.

    ReplyDelete