Wednesday, August 12, 2015

A "Works For Me" Time Saver...

Hi folks...I've been back on the kitting hamster wheel again...Project 2 for The Retreat has been ticked off the list...
 and the kits are done and dusted...
looks like there's going to be a great big "Kitting In Progress" sign hung on the cubbyhole door for the next couple of weeks. I don't know if I've shared this crafty tip with you before but it's a great time saver for me when there's lots of die-cutting to do...not sure if Sizzix would recommend this but it works for me and so far no dies have been harmed by using this quick fix. I used to get frustrated having to stop every so often and clear out the debris that gets pushed down into the die between the blade and the foam...now I cover all my Workshop BigZ Dies with a layer of parcel tape...the wide shiny brown sellotape type stuff and then run them through the Big Shot.
the surface of the die is now slippery and slick which means the die cut will release effortlessly and works particularly well if you are using an intricate die and cutting lots of layers at a time.
I wish I could come up with a magic solution to get rid of the debris on the floor but I'm afraid it's going to be another down on my hands and knees job this morning with Mr Dyson to get rid of every last little bit before we mess it all up again today with Project 3.
See you all tomorrow
Hugs Kath xxx