Monday, August 31, 2015

A Sad day in the cubbyhole...

Hi folks...I've worked in the craft industry for many years and it's not always easy to keep all the plates spinning...juggling work/magazine deadlines and Design Team commitments with the day to day personal life stuff and I've been thinking for sometime that changes are long overdue. So now that my year on the Inspiration Emporium DT has come to an end...I've decided not to stay on for another term and have also decided to step down from The Ribbon Girl and Craftstash teams...I'm taking some time out to try to restore a more manageable work life balance.
It hasn't been an easy decision but sometimes you have to listen to your head instead of your heart... I'm feeling incredibly sad as I put pen to paper because it's been great fun and I've made wonderful friendships along the way...a huge thank you to the lovely Mary and Andrea at The Ribbon Girl and all my team mates (I've been with these very special girls since they opened their online store in 2010 so this was the hardest decision of all) and everyone at Craftstash for giving me the opportunity to work with their fabulous products and to Joy and her family at Inspiration Emporium for their kindness and generosity and my wonderful talented IE team mates for their friendship and support...I will miss you all lots.
But you should know by now...I don't do things by halves...changes are a-foot in the blog department too...having blogged daily since February 2008...the everyday diary format will be no more...we're going from Page-A-Day to something more in tune with Week-To-View or something in between...giving you all a break from the becoming more common fill-in waffling posts. I do sometimes wonder how relevant blogging is now compared to Facebook Twitter and Pinterest but for now...you're stuck with me and The Furry Boy...just not so often.
And when you're feeling down in the dumps there's no better therapy than a little bit of crafting so I'm off to the cubbyhole for some "just for me" playtime...see you later in the week.
Hugs Kath xxx