Monday, August 31, 2015

Just a bit of chit chat...

Hi folks...can you honestly believe it's the last day of August...this year sure is running away from us and before you know...OK perhaps August Bank Holiday Monday is too early to mention the "C" word. I'm feeling much better...the old legs are back to normal and I'm looking forward to getting back to our daily "doggy stroll" routine. The Furry Boy is looking rather dapper after his usual Sunday pamper session starting off with the major job of defluffing his coat and he's not the only one who needs a defluff after this particular operation...
followed by the monthly pedicure and trimming those hairy toes...after 9 years of chasing him around the floor on my hands and knees...on this occasion he lay perfectly still while I got to work with my super duper sharp Fiskars scissors (shhh...I won't tell if you don't) he's finally got the message that his creaky Mum is too old for all that skidding across the floor nonsense...
and wow I can't believe how well my new pal coped with the hairy debris. Seriously I think this lightweight little guy is more powerful than his Big Brother and whizzes around the house sucking up everything in his path in 10 minutes...well within the 20 minute battery time...no more bending down to flick the switch to move from carpet to hard floor and no more stair nightmares. I've fallen in love with this particular household chore all over again...he's an absolute JOY to use and I could kick myself for not getting him sooner.
finally...we have our first edible home-grown tomato...not the perfect round bright red "all look the same" specimen on the right that you get from the supermarket but I bet a dime to a dollar it tastes ten times better...
Enjoy your Bank Holiday Monday and I'll see you all tomorrow
Hugs Kath xxx