Tuesday, August 30, 2016

A lightbulb moment...

Hi folks...would you believe the weather boys have got it horribly wrong again...instead of the predicted doom and gloom rain fog and any other kind of nasty weather you can think of...we've had Mr Sunshine come to visit for 5 or 6 days on the trot...not exactly Mediterranean temperatures but pleasant enough to make us want to stay outdoors but I wasn't really in the mood to tackle the never-ending grass needs cutting and flowers need dead-heading tasks nor did I fancy being cooped up indoors paintbrush in hand...getting stuck in to the tidy-up DIY paint job in the kitchen...instead we skipped off to the cubbyhole for some playtime with new goodies from Mr H with as many alfresco coffee breaks as we could get away with.
I was determined this project was not going to end up in the "oh no...not another wall-hanger" box and as luck would have it I had a rare lightbulb moment and remembered the frames I'd bought for the TV den make-over and never got round to using...
I love the Leaf Prints stamps and the new Linen Mini Layering stencil and don't you just love when a plan comes together...
 a perfect fit with my leaf motif curtains and cushions..
 and I had so much fun...I made a matching pair...
But if I don't deal with the grass issue soon...we'll have to resort to hiring a combine harvester so today is going to be an outdoors day and if that doesn't guarantee Mr Sunshine taking to his heels and hiding behind the clouds...my name's not "spoke too soon" Kath. 
Can you believe that tomorrow is the first day of September and that means...STAMPtember over at Simon Says Stamp...woohoo a whole month of fabulous stamps...dies and inspiration...

not forgetting there will also be a brand new technique remix tag over at "12 Tags".
Catch up with you all later.
Hugs Kath xxx