Sunday, August 22, 2021

A Mixing Up New Products Card

Hi my friends, I love to mix up products from different companies and it can be fun to just let your imagination take over, if it doesn't work out, no-one's ever going to know, so give it a try. I threw a mix of new products from Tim Holtz, Stampers Anonymous, Sizzix and Simon Says Stamp into the bubbling cauldron that is my brain to create a fun Halloween card.


I began by trimming Distress Watercolor card to create an A2 panel, placed the largest mask from the new Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Layering Moon Masks on to the panel and spritzed with Iced Spruce Distress Spray Stain. Big thanks to Tim and Stampers Anonymous for giving us a simple and easy way to create the spooky moon effect and with 3 sizes in the set, they are perfect for any project.I dried that first layer of colour, placed the co-ordinating mask in place and spritzed with Jack O Lantern Distress Mica Stain.As luck would have it, the crescent moon stamp from Simon Says Stamp Sun and Moon Mandala Cling Stamp was the same size as the spooky moon. I stamped the image on to a scrap of Distress Watercolor card using Simon Says Intense Black ink coloured with Jack O Lantern Distress Mica Stain and fussy cut. I coloured the circles on the image with a Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen, tapped Simon Says Embossing ink pad over the moon, sprinkled with Simon Says Clear Fine Detail Embossing Powder and heat set. I heated up the embossed moon again, sprinkled with Simon Says Antique Gold Embossing Powder and heat set. I applied another layer of embossing ink to the surface once it had cooled, sprinkled with Clear Fine Detail again and a little more Antique Gold and heat set to create a very smooth, shiny, glass like surface. I defined the edges of the moon with a Black Marker Pen and fixed over the spooky moon using Distress Collage Medium.A spooky moon and a witch on a broomstick are a good combination, so I die cut the witch, bats and cat from black cardstock, which I had covered with the gorgeous Distress Nightfall Glitter from Tim's recent Halloween Ranger release, using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Toil and Trouble Thinlits. I die-cut the broomstick from brown Classic KraftStock and fixed the die-cuts in place with Foam Adhesive and Distress Collage Medium. I find the best way to add this amazing sparkly glitter to cardstock is to apply a thin even coat of Glossy Accents to the card, pour over the glitter, leave to dry and then tap off any excess. My other "been there, done that, got the T-shirt" tip is to cover the glittered paper and die with copy paper before running through your die-cut machine or you will have to take your cutting plates to the sink for a de-glitter bath.

I die-cut the cobweb from the left over glitter card using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Frightful Things. I fixed the panel to a 5.1/4" x 6.1/2" white card blank covered with Simon Says Black cardstock, sanded the edges of an Idea-ology Halloween Quote Chip, added below the panel along with the cat popped up on foam adhesive.
I'll be back tomorrow to share my DT project for Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge using one of the cool new Halloween stamp sets from Tim Holtz and Stampers Anonymous. If you missed yesterday's Live Launch, you can catch up on all the new products and amazing amazing projects from the Makers over on Tim's blog HERE. I'll be sharing what I made for the Live over the coming weeks. 
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Hugs Kath xxx