Thursday, August 5, 2021

Prize Ribbon on Kraft

Hi my friends, I decided to have a little play with Tim Holtz Distress Prize Ribbon on Distress Kraft HeavyStock using the gorgeous images from Stampers Anonymous Floral Outlines and All About You sentiments and hearts from Simon Says Stamp Make Magic release, embossed in white.


A definite soft muted chalky look which I rather like and reminds me a little of the colours on some of Monet's more moody paintings.
I began by trimming Distress Kraft HeavyStock to create 3 - A2 panels, sprayed with Prize Ribbon Distress Spray Stain and Distress Oxide Spray. I added other colours of Distress Oxide Sprays, drying between layers until I was happy with the coverage. I have listed the colours I used on each panel below with the photo of each card.
I used the 3 images from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Floral Outlines, inked with Versamark and heat embossed with Ranger Superfine White Embossing Powder.
I repeated this process with sentiments and hearts from Simon Says Stamp All About You.
I trimmed the panels to 4" x 5.1/4" using Tim Holtz/Tonic Studios Deckle Edge Trimmer and matted the panels on to A2 white card blanks.
I added Julie Hickey Designs Cotton Candy Mini Hearts to co-ordinate with a colour on the background.
Prize Ribbon Distress Spray Stain, Prize Ribbon, Speckled Egg and Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide Sprays.
Prize Ribbon Distress Spray Stain, Prize Ribbon, Kitsch Flamingo and Mustard Seed Distress Oxide Sprays.
Prize Ribbon Distress Spray Stain, Prize Ribbon, Speckled Egg and Mustard Seed Distress Oxide Sprays


The summer weather is back and who knows how long it will last, so the cubbyhole admin department (me) has moved lock stock and barrel outside, long lazy days sitting in the garden  typing up blog posts, watching my feathered friends and the busy bees going about their daily business, relaxing in the sun with a coffee or two are simple pleasures money can't buy. 
Enjoy your day whatever you are planning to do.
Hugs Kath xxx

2 comments:

  1. Morning Kath, I love these gorgeous cards, the backgrounds are beautiful and do love white embossed flowers and sentiments, looks good.
    I think being in the garden is wonderful too, like you say, 'while it lasts', its such a mood lifter, lets pray for more good weather.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fabulous backgrounds to your cards and the flowers just so beautiful as is your garden enjoy your outside its raining pretty heavy where l am xx

    ReplyDelete