Friday, August 27, 2021

Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous - Rest in Peace

Hi my friends, I'm sharing an Art Journal page I created in my Dylusions Large Creative Journal using Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Rest In Peace, Bold Frights and the amazing Moon Mask Stencils from the 2021 Halloween release along with the Distress Mica Stains from Tim's Halloween products release with Ranger.


I began by fixing the three sizes of Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Moon Mask Stencils in place on my page and spritzed with Iced Spruce Distress Spray Stain. I removed the masks and replaced the detail masks over the top and spritzed the masks and the background with Jack O Lantern Distress Mica Stain. I removed the masks and spritzed everything lightly with water, let the water do it's own thing and dried. I inked the skulls from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Rest In Peace and sentiment from Bold Frights with Black Soot Distress Archival Ink and holding the stamps in my hand, stamped on the background. It is hard to get a good image on the uneven surface of a journal so this stage is just for placement. I stamped the casket image from Rest In Peace, inked with Crackling Campfire, randomly over the background.
I painted the skulls with Antique Linen Distress Paints and stamped the images again on to Idea-ology Plain Collage Paper, inked with Black Soot Distress Archival. I painted around the edges of each image with a wet paintbrush and and used my finger to tease them apart. I fixed the collage paper images over the original stamped images using Distress Collage Medium. I applied the yummy Distress Crypt Grit Paste through the Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Deco Arch Layering Stencil and set aside to dry. 
I added the flower images from Idea-ology Halloween Collage Paper which is an oldie and may not be readily available but as an alternative you could stamp the flower image from Dearly Departed (linked below) on to plain collage paper for the same effect. To fill in the gaps, I stamped more of the word images from Rest In Peace inked with Black Soot Distress Archival, Crackling Campfire and Wilted Violet Distress Oxide inks. I painted over the section stamped with Bold Frights, lightly with Antique Linen Distress Pain, to make it stand out from the background, stamped on to plain Collage Paper, fixed over the original stamping and outlined with a Sakura Black Gel Pen. I die-cut the crosses from Distress Watercolor card using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Media Marks Thinlits, fixed randomly over the background, held in place with a dot of  Distress Collage Medium.


Have fun with whatever you are making
Hugs Kath xxx