Tuesday, August 17, 2021

It's Mr Bones Again...

Hi my friends, I'm sharing another card I made using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Mr Bones and Candlelight Colorize Thinlits from the latest release along with one of the backgrounds I created using the Mica Spray Stains, Crypt Grit Paste and Nightfall Glitter from Tim's recent Halloween release from Ranger. I tell you people I'm so addicted to that gorgeous grungy Grit Paste and beautiful sparkly black glitter that I've gone into stockpiling mode.


I used one of the A2 Distress Watercolor panels that I had created previously with Distress Texture Paste and Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Tiles Mini Layering Stencil from Set 9, trimmed to 4" x 5.1/4".
I spritzed the panel with Empty Tomb and Crooked Broomstick Distress Mica Stains, spritzed lightly with water, let it do it's thing and dried. I tapped damp paper towel over the textured layering stencil surface to lift some of the colour. I stamped the sentiment from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Monstrous, inked with Distress Embossing ink, randomly over the background, sprinkled with Ranger White Embossing Powder and heat set.
I die-cut an aperture using the largest of Tim Holtz/Sizzix Stacked Ovals Tiles
I die-cut the Mr Bones Colorize Thinlits from Beige, Cream, Black, Grey and White card from Sizzix Neutral Cardstock pack, assembled and fixed into the aperture. I spread the Distress Crypt Grit Paste randomly over the background using a palette knife.

Once it had dried, I put the aperture back in place behind Mr Bones and fixed the panel to white card trimmed to the same size. And woohoo I love how the Grit Paste had sucked up some of the colour from the Distress Mica Stains and turned a glorious grungy gritty mossy green.
I heat embossed the sentiment on to a piece of Vellum, trimmed with Tim Holtz Deckle Edge trimmer and fixed to the panel using staples. I die-cut the Candlelight Thinlits from the same Sizzix Neutral card and scraps of orange and yellow Idea-ology Classic KraftStock. 

I spread Ranger Glossy Accents over a scrap of black Classic KraftStock, sprinkled with the Distress Nightfall Glitter and once it had dried, tapped off the excess. I placed the card inside a folded piece of copy paper and die-cut the spiders using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Frightful Things Thinlits - a useful "once bitten twice shy" tip if you don't want any glitter sticking to your die-cutting plates. I added just a hint of glitter to the candles, fixed the spiders in place with foam pads and added splatters of Flickering Candle Distress Mica Stain. To finish I matted the panel on to Idea-ology Gold Metallic KraftStock  and fixed to an A2 white card blank.

Have fun with whatever you are creating.
Hugs Kath xxx