Saturday, August 7, 2021

Tim Holtz Distress Halloween Release

Hi my friends, if you've just come from the Tim Holtz YouTube Live party to launch the new Distress Halloween release, you'll know why I was so excited to receive this yummy grungy, shimmery, glittery parcel to play with and a huge thank you to Tim, Mario and Ranger. If not and you don't know what all the excitement is about, you can watch rewatch the replay to check out all the new spooky products and amazing demos from Tim on his YouTube Channel or from tomorrow on Tim's Blog.  With swatches made, it was time to unleash my inner shimmer to create a Halloween card and while we wait for the new Sizzix Halloween release (Saturday 14th) I looked out some old favourites.


I began with a background I had created previously on Distress Watercolor card. I applied Distress Texture Paste through Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Decayed Layering Stencil and sprayed with Crackling Campfire Distress Spray Stain and Speckled Egg and Walnut Stain Distress Oxide Sprays. I spritzed the panel with the new Distress Mica Stains, Jack O Lantern, Bubbling Cauldron and Crooked Broomstick, one colour at a time and dried between layers. It's difficult to capture the beautiful shimmer on camera but believe me, as you turn the panel to the light, you can see the layers of shimmering colours. I then applied the new Distress Grave Texture Paste through the Mini Rosette Layering Stencil from Set 30 and set aside to dry. The Grave Texture Paste is a pale grey colour and just like the regular white texture paste, it will soak up some of the colour from the background as it dries.
I die-cut the ghosts from Distress White HeavyStock dipped into a puddle of Antique Linen Distress Oxide Spray using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Frightful Things Thinlits and fixed scraps of black card behind their eyes and mouths.
I applied strong double sided adhesive sheet to black card, peeled off the backing sheet and sprinkled with the gorgeous gorgeous Distress Nightfall Glitter, I replaced the backing sheet on top, placed the card inside a folded sheet of copy paper and ran it through my die-cutting machine. This will ensure that the glitter is well and truly pressed into the adhesive sheet and will lessen any shedding. I die-cut the spider web and spider also from Tim Holtz/Sizzix Frightful Things Thinlits.
I die-cut the wording 3 times from black card and once from the left-over Nightfall glitter card using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Alphanumeric Classic Lower Thinlits.
I fixed the spider web in place with Distress Collage Medium and hung the spider from gold glitter thread held in place with a foam adhesive pad. I added the ghosts popped up on foam adhesive pads to create dimension and fixed the letters in place with Distress Collage Medium Matte.

With a little tilting to the right and left, the camera did pick up the magical shimmer and utterly WOW sparkle from that gorgeous glitter.



I'll be back soon to share more makes from the cubbyhole, in the meantime, have fun with whatever you are creating.
Hugs Kath xxx