Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Tim Holtz Distress Crayons and Frosted Crystal

Hi my friends, if you tuned in to the Tim Holtz YouTube Live today, you'll know that the last 3 colours to join the Distress Family, Salvaged Patina, Kitsch Flamingo and Prize Ribbon are now available as a set of Distress Crayons and the amazing Frosted Crystal Embossing Powder has been released in a bigger pot, woohoo, happy days and a big thank you to Tim. Mario, Paula and Ranger for sending them to me to play with. If you missed the Live, you can catch up over on Tim's YouTube Channel HERE - buckle up for some amazing demos from our adorable Professor.

The perfect surface to road test the Distress Crayons was a No 8 Mixed Media HeavyStock Tag

I began by fixing layers of Idea-ology Ephemera to the tag using Distress Collage Medium Matte. I applied Ranger Transparent Matte Texture Paste through Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Mini Splotches Layering Stencil and left to dry. I brushed Distress Collage Medium Matte over the tag, scribbled on the 3 colours of Distress Crayons and wiped the colour off the Texture Paste splotches using a slightly damp cloth.
I added Idea-ology Remnant Rubs
I added shading around the edges of the tag and pieces of Ephemera using a Walnut Stain Distress Crayon, fading the colour out with a Distress Detailer Brush
I tapped a Distress Embossing ink pad over the butterfly and sentiment strip from Tim Holtz Idea-ology Layers Engraving, sprinkled with the Distress Frosted Crystal Embossing Powder and heat set. This gave the slick surface tooth and allowed me to colour the pieces using the Prize Ribbon, Kitsch Flamingo and Walnut Stain Distress Crayons and a Distress Detailer Brush. I fixed the pieces in place with Distress Collage Medium, sprinkled Ranger White UTEE over the tag and heat set from underneath.
To finish I added an Idea-ology Sentiments Label Sticker to the Layers Engraving Banner and a Crinkle Ribbon bow to the top of the tag


Happy Crafting
Hugs Kath xxx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kath.this is so pretty,and I love the colours and all the elements.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag Kathy, I missed that live, I must go watch. I do love the crayons! Have a great Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete