Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous - Wicked Hipsters

Hi my friends, today I'm sharing the card I made for the YouTube Live Launch of Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Halloween 2021 using Wicked Hipsters, the Harlequin Multi Shifter Stencils and the Sparkle Set from Tim's recent Ranger Halloween release. If you missed the Live, you can catch up with all the products and beyond belief amazing projects from the Makers over on Tim's Blog HERE

Yesterday's blog post featured the cool guy from the Wicked Hipsters stamp set, today, meet his Mrs.

I began by trimming Distress Watercolor card to 4.3/4"  x  6.3/4", smooshed Pumice Stone Distress Ink on to the craft mat on my Glass Media Mat, spritzed with water, laid the panel into the ink, dried and tapped back on to the ink to pick up the remaining droplets. I used Candied Apple and Black Soot Distress Inks with the smallest of the Multi Shifter Stencils, applied with Distress Blending Brushes to add the harlequin pattern randomly on the background. I stamped the sentiment from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Handwritten Thoughts, inked with Black Soot Distress Archival Ink, sprinkled with Ranger Sticky Embossing Powder, heated until melted and sprinkled with Distress Nightfall Glitter. I also stamped the image from Wicked Hipsters on to the panel, inked with Black Soot Distress Archival.
I coloured the face of the image with Antique Linen Distress Paint, added shading around the hairline, noses, mouth and teeth with Walnut Stain Distress Paint and because I had left the stamp in the same place on the lid of the stamp platform, stamped again with Black Soot Distress Archival to bring back all that amazing detail. I stamped the image again twice on to Distress Watercolor card, coloured the hair with Brushed Pewter and the hairband with Candied Apple Distress Paint, re-stamped again to define the detail, fussy cut and fixed over the original image using Distress Collage Medium Matte.
I added dots of Distress Collage Medium Matte to the top and bottom corners, sprinkled on Distress Midnight Mica Flakes and Sizzix Sequins and attached panels of black tulle held in place with machine stitching.
I fixed extra mica flakes and sequins on top of the tulle with Distress Collage Medium, fixed the panel to a slightly larger panel of white card which I coloured around the edges using the Candied Apple Distress ink pad and matted on to a 5" x 7" white card blank.


I'll be back tomorrow to share another YouTube Live make using dies from the Tim Holtz/Sizzix Halloween release, Have fun with whatever you are creating.
Hugs Kath xxx

2 comments:

  1. Morning Kath, another fabulous design, love that image and got to admire her hair-do and the sparkly tooth, its brilliant.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love this. Just made your version tonight. Thank you so very much for your great instructions!!!

    ReplyDelete