Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Another Background Bites The Dust

Hi my friends, my background box has been filling up because of my new addiction with all things Tim Holtz Distress Mica Stain but I'm on a mission to work my way through them and here is today's "another background bites the dust" card.

I began by using one of the A2 Distress Watercolor panels I had created previously with Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Mini Layering Stencils and Distress Texture Paste and for this card I chose the panel with the Mini Harlequin Layering Stencil from Set 9.
I sprayed the panel with Hocus Pocus and Crooked Broomstick Distress Mica Stains, spritzed lightly with water and dried. I dabbed the raised texture areas with damp paper towel to lift some of the colour.
I inked one of the images from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Floral Outlines with Distress Embossing ink, stamped randomly over the background, sprinkled with Simon Says Stamp Antique Gold Embossing Powder, heat set and coloured in the open areas on the leaves with Flickering Candle Distress Mica Stain using a Distress Detailer Brush. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a photo at this stage but you will see the effect in the following photos. I inked the images from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous with Black Soot Distress Archival, stamped on to Distress Watercolor card, coloured with Crooked Broomstick, Flickering Candle and Hocus Pocus Distress Mica Stains using a Distress Detailer Brush, fussy cut and fixed to the panel on foam adhesive to create dimension.

I added splatters of Flickering Candle Distress Mica Stain and sprinkled Stampendous Frantage Chunky White and Aged Black Embossing Enamel powders over the panel and heat set from underneath.
I matted the panel on to Idea-ology Gold Metallic KraftStock and fixed to a white card blank.


I'll be back soon to share another project I made for the Tim Holtz/Sizzix Halloween YouTube Live Launch, in the meantime, have fun with whatever you are creating.
Hugs Kath xxx