Friday, August 12, 2022

Halloween Gift Card Holders

Hi my friends, I'm sharing my Social Make for the launch of the Tim Holtz/Sizzix Halloween release. I made Halloween Gift Card holders using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Specimen and Collector Thinlits from the Chapter 3 release along with the Pumpkin Duo and Spencer Colorize Thinlits from the Halloween release. If you missed the Halloween YouTube Live, you can rewatch and check out all the amazing projects from the Makers on Tim's YouTube Channel HERE or on Tim's Blog HERE.

I decided to dig into my hoard of Tim Holtz Idea-ology papers and die-cut the file folders and collector pockets from various Idea-ology Backdrops packs and left overs from the Dearly Departed Stash Pad using Specimen and Collector Thinlits. 
I then decided to dig in to my ever-growing pile of backgrounds, yes I'm turning over a new leaf and trying to use up my stash, no more hoarding is my new mantra.

The Specimen and Collector Thinlits panels were die-cut from a background created using Carved Pumpkin, Mustard Seed and Walnut Stain Distress Oxide inks and a background embossed with the Tim Holtz/Sizzix Acorns 3D Texture Fade. The Pumpkin Duo were die-cut from a panel coloured with the same 3 inks and green Idea-ology Classic KraftStock. The wording was die-cut from Black Alcohol Ink cardstock and left overs of the coloured panel using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Alphanumeric Theory Thinlits.
I die-cut the bats and extra wording from Black Alcohol Ink cardstock using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Frightful Things and Alphanumeric Tiny Type Lower Thinlits and the numbers using Collector Thinlits.

I finished by adding Idea-ology Halloween Remnant Rubs

I used the same format for the second set and die-cut the panels and Tim Holtz/Sizzix Spencer Thinlits from backgrounds coloured with Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap and Speckled Egg Distress Oxide inks and Idea-ology Classic KraftStock. I die-cut the cobweb and spider from Black Alcohol Ink cardstock using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Frightful Things and Alphanumeric Theory Thinlits from the left over black and coloured card from the previous set. To finish I added Idea-ology Halloween Remnant Rubs.


We're having a heatwave at the moment in the UK, the problem is, us Brits are not geared up for this kind of weather. We don't have air conditioning so trying to stay cool is a bit of a nightmare, especially when it comes to bedtime. Although I love the sun, right now, I'm dreaming of winter and chilly cold days.
Enjoy your weekend whatever you have planned, I'll be heading over to the Ranger Distress release party at Tim and Mario's place, Saturday 9AM PT, 12PM ET and 5PM in the UK on Tim's YouTube Channel. Set your alarms, gather your snacks and I'll see you there.
Hugs Kath xxx