Saturday, August 6, 2022

Tim Holtz/Sizzix - Myron Colorize Thinlits

Hi my friends, I'm sharing the Art Panel I made for the YouTube Live launch of Tim Holtz/Sizzix Halloween release using the most adorable toad called Myron, the latest addition to the Colorize family and Bold Text Halloween Thinlits. If you missed the Live, you can always catch up with all the new products in the release and check out the amazing projects from the Makers on Tim's YouTube Channel HERE or Tim's Blog HERE


I began by fixing Sizzix Adhesive Sheet to Distress Watercolor card and used Tim Holtz/Sizzix Switch Plus to die-cut all the pieces for the Tim Holtz/Sizzix Myron Colorize Thinlits in one pass.
I smooshed Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn and Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide inks on to the craft mat on my Glass Media Mat, spritzed with water and tapped the die-cuts into the inks until I was happy with the coverage.
I assembled following the indents left on the cardstock by the dies using Distress Collage Medium Matte.
I coloured the mushroom using Distress Re-inkers and a Detailer Brush and assembled.
I trimmed Idea-ology Abandoned paper to measure 5.3/4" x 6.3/4", die cut using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Bold Text Halloween Thinlits and placed card behind the sentiment coloured with Crackling Campfire Distress Re-inker. I die-cut the Tim Holtz/Sizzix BigZ Branches from a contrasting paper and fixed to the top of the panel.
I applied Distress Crackle Paste Translucent through the Focus Mini Layering Stencil from Set 52 and set aside to dry.
I scribbled Picket Fence Distress Crayon over the stencilled sections to highlight, rubbing the crayon into the detail with my finger.
I fixed Myron in place popped up on foam adhesive to create dimension and added the mushrooms.
I die-cut the flowers from Distress Watercolor card, coloured with Twisted Citron Distress Oxide ink, using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Funky Floral 3 Thinlits and shaped using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Shaping Kit.
I fixed the flowers in place using Distress Collage Medium and added Idea-ology Halloween Confections as the flower centres.
I die-cut the Tim Holtz/Sizzix Tiny Type Lower Thinlits from Distress Watercolor card backed with Sizzix Adhesive Sheet and fixed in place. I placed one of the flowers strategically to cover the "I'm" on the Bold Text Halloween die-cut.

I brushed a light coat of Distress Collage Medium over the flowers and mushroom tops and sprinkled with Distress Rock Candy Glitter.
To finish I matted the panel on to Idea-ology Black KraftStock trimmed to be 1/8" larger and fixed to a 5" x 7" Dina Wakley Media Board panel.
I'll be back soon to share more makes using the  Halloween release, in the meantime, have fun with whatever you are making.
Hugs Kath xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment