Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Tim Holtz/Tonic Studios - Media Surface Mat

Hi my friends, I'm sharing cards made I made whilst road testing my new Tim Holtz/Tonic Studios Media Surface Mat. If you missed the Live launch, you need to pop over to Tim's YouTube Channel HERE for all the info on this game changing product. What's not to love about having a large surface to get messy on with your inks, sprays, paint and texture paste and which is so easy to clean up when you're done.

love making backgrounds, so I decided to go big and make them from full sheets (8.5" x 11") of Distress Watercolor card. I applied a small drop of Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans and Evergreen Bough Distress Paint on to the mat, spritzed with water and pulled the card through the paint. I spritzed the card with water, dried and then tapped back into the remaining paint repeatedly until there was hardly any paint left on the mat, dried and trimmed into A2 panels. Four backgrounds ready to use in the same time as it would take to make one. I applied the same 4 colours of paint again and brayered on to another full sheet of Distress Watercolour card. I spritzed the paint that was left on the mat with water and used to make another 2 - A2 backgrounds. Not a bad result, 10 backgrounds from just a few drops of paint. I chose two backgrounds and stamped the playing card suits and banner inked with Ground Espresso Distress Archival ink.

I applied Distress Texture Opague Crackle Paste through the Floral Mini Layering Stencil from Set 25, sprinkled with Picket Raspberry, Fossilized Amber, Twisted Citron and Rustic Wilderness Embossing Glazes, did the little happy dance with my fingers on the underside to mix the glazes and heat set once the paste had dried.
I applied Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide ink through the Everyday Art Elements Stencil and added splatters of White Gesso.
I added torn strips of script from Tim Holtz/Idea-ology Photographic Collage Paper, an Idea-ology Sentiments Label Sticker and fixed to a top folding A2 white card blank.

I applied Distress Crackle Texture Paste through the Crate Mini Layering Stencil from Set 29, sprinkled with Broken China, Prize Ribbon and Vintage Photo Distress Embossing Glazes and heat set once the paste had dried.
I added torn strips of Tim Holtz/Ideaology Photographic Collage Paper and Chatter Design Tape and fixed to a side folding A2 white card blank.

I added strips of Tim Holtz/Ideaology Palette Collage Paper along the bottom of the panel, bits and pieces from Idea-ology Palette Ephemera and "Wishes" trimmed from Idea-ology Christmas Label Tape. I applied Distress Crackle Texture Paste through the Script Mini Layering Stencil from Set 49 and fixed the panel to an A2 white card blank.
I have 7 backgrounds left so watch this space but this morning I have a hot date with a patio and a power washer, yes, exciting - NOT but someone's got to do it and I've drawn the short straw.
Happy Crafting
Hugs Kath xxx

4 comments:

  1. Such wonderful backgrounds Kath, gorgeous cards, I just love them. So glad your enjoying your new matt, sounds really good.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving all the different cards and you sharing how you made them. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards - thank you for the inspiration.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m loving your backgrounds and the cards you made. They look absolutely gorgeous. I need to buy some paint and give it a go. Looks like the mat is super helpful. Have a great day 😊

    ReplyDelete