Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Simon Says - Etched Greetings June Card Kit

Hi my friends, it's always an exciting day when Simon Says Stamp monthly card kit arrives in the cubbyhole and woohoo the Etched Greetings June Card Kit was no exception. The kit is still available to purchase at time of writing or if you wish, you can buy the individual items from the kit HERE.

I made a series of collage type cards using the Etched Greetings stamp set, pack of Tim Holtz Idea-ology Layers Organic Ephemera, Gold Foil Transfer Sheets and Simon Says Fancy Thanks die.

So let's start with the first card. I trimmed the Neenah Desert Storm card included in the kit to 4" x 5.1/4", stamped the two floral images from the Etched Greetings stamp set, inked with Versamark ink and sprinkled with Ranger Sticky Embossing Powder.
I heat set the powder and pressed the Gold Foil Transfer Sheet over the images to transfer the foil. I added a strip of strong adhesive tape on the left side of the panel and repeated with the foil.
I die-cut the Fancy Thanks shadow from the vellum and the word 3 times from white card and once from the Matte Gold card included in the kit.
I tapped the Versamark ink pad on the edges of the ephemera panel, sprinkled with the Sticky Embossing Powder, heat set and applied the Foil Transfer Sheet as before.
I fixed the panel in place with the Black Foam Squares included in the kit and added more ephemera from the Idea-ology Layers Organic pack.
I fixed the die-cut layered Thanks to the vellum and fixed in place using small dots of Distress Collage Medium behind the die-cut letters.
I'll be back tomorrow to share how I made the other two cards, in the meantime, have fun with whatever you're making.
Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards Kath, and I love the vellum backing for the sentiment, gorgeous.xx

    ReplyDelete