Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Simon Says - June Card Kit - Take 2

Hi my friends, I'm back to share the other two collage style cards I made with Simon Says Stamp Etched Greetings June Card Kit, using the Etched Greetings stamp set,Tim Holtz/Idea-ology Layers Organic Ephemera, Walnut Stain Distress Embossing Glaze and Sizzix Falling Hearts Thinlits. The kit is still available to purchase or if you wish, you can purchase the individual items from the kit HERE.


I trimmed Neenah Desert Storm card to 4" x 5.1/4" and stamped the floral image from the Etched Greetings stamp set, inked with Versamark ink, on the left side of the panel.
I tapped the Versamark ink pad along the edges of a Idea-ology Layers Organic Ephemera panel, sprinkled with Walnut Stain Distress Embossing Glaze and heat set.
I fixed the panel in place with Distress Collage Medium, added more ephemera from the Layers Organic pack popped up on black foam squares to create dimension and fixed the panel to an A2 white  card blank.

I fixed a 4" x 5.1/4" panel of Neenah Desert Storm card to an A4 white card blank and added a panel from the Idea-ology Layers Organic pack.
I stamped the floral image from Etched Greetings on to a smaller panel from the Layers Organic pack with Simon Says Intense Black ink, sprinkled with Simon Says Clear Embossing Powder and heat set. I scruffed up the edges with a Paper Distresser and sanded with a Sanding Disc on a mini round blending tool.
I fixed the panel in place popped up on black foam squares to create dimension. I stamped the sentiment from Etched Greetings, inked with Simon Says Intense Black ink, on to a scrap of Matte Gold card, sprinkled with Clear Embossing Powder, heat set and trimmed. I added the sentiment banner and dragonfly from the Layers Organic pack, popped up on black foam squares.
To tie in with the turquoise colour on the dragonfly's body, I die-cut hearts from cardstock coloured with Evergreen Bough Distress Oxide ink using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Falling Hearts Thinlits, stacked to create dimension, fixed to the panel and added Ranger Glossy Accents.

I'll be back soon to share more makes from the Etched Greetings Card Kit and the recent Dear Friend release. In the meantime, have fun with whatever you're making.
Hugs Kath xxx