Thursday, May 11, 2023

Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous - Creative Blocks

Hi my friends, after the amazing Coronation party weekend we had in the UK celebrating our new King, I was itching to get back to the cubbyhole and what better stamp set to kick start the creativity process than Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Creative Blocks. I had lots of fun inking the stamp set and die-cutting with Simon Says Stamp Five Squares dies, specifically made to fit the stamped blocks.



I left the unweeded Creative Blocks in place on the cover sheet, inked randomly with Seedless Preserves and Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide inks, spritzed with water, placed a sheet of Distress Watercolor card on top and brayered to transfer the inks.
I die-cut 6 of the images using Simon Says Five Squares dies, as the name suggests there are 5 square dies in the set making cutting multiples less time consuming.
I trimmed Distress Black HeavyStock to be 1/8" smaller than A2 and fixed to a white card blank. I inked the edges of 5 blocks with Seedless Preserves Distress Oxide ink using a mini round blending tool and fixed in place, popped up on Foam Squares to create dimension. 
I stamped the sentiment from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Note Quotes, inked with Black Soot Distress Archival, on to the 6th block, sprinkled with Simon Says Clear Embossing Powder, heat set and fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium.
I trimmed the left over stamped card to 4" square and fixed to a white 4.1/4" square card blank. I stamped the Fleur-de-Lys image from Creative Blocks and the square outline and sentiment from Note Quotes on to left over die-cut blocks, inked with Black Soot Distress Archival and fixed to the card with Foam Squares to create dimension.


I will be storing the Simon Says Five Squares dies with the Creative Blocks stamp set but I'm not done playing yet.
This stamp set is great for creating individual blocks to use as embellishments but also perfect for making backgrounds, so watch this space.

Have fun with whatever you're making and Happy Crafting
Hugs Kath xxx