Friday, May 26, 2023

Simon Says - So Happy For You Both

Happy Friday my friends, can you believe it's the last week of May already, the weather has definitely warmed up and here's hoping Summer is on it's way. I'm sharing a card I made using the beautiful Peony Background Cling Stamp and So Happy For You Both die from Simon Says Dear Friend release, perfect for a wedding or engagement card. You can check out all the fabulous products from this release HERE.

I trimmed Distress Watercolor card to 4" x 5.1/4", stamped the Peony Background, inked with Versamark ink and heat embossed with Ranger Liquid Platinum Embossing Powder.
I coloured the image using Villainous Potion and Iced Spruce from my Distress Watercolor Pencils palette and a Detailer Brush to create a soft look and added splatters of Villainous Potion.
I die-cut the shadow section of So Happy For You Both from Simon Says Vellum and the words 3 times from Simon Says Matte Gold cardstock.
I layered the words to create dimension, fixed to the vellum panel and added to the card panel, applying small dots of adhesive to the letters on the backside. I added the negative centres from the "O" to create the effect of a gold brad.
I fixed the panel to Simon Says Matte Gold cardstock trimmed 1/8" larger and fixed to an A2 white card blank.

Enjoy your weekend whatever you have planned. The forecast is looking good in my neck of the woods so I'll be topping up on some Vitamin D and spending some time in the garden.
Have fun
Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card Kath ....think we all need topping up with vitamin D just hope the nice weather remains forecast for a mini heatwave in June xx

    ReplyDelete