Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Whale Of A Time...

Hi folks...the intrepid crafty traveller is home safe and sound after a hectic whale of a time in Birmingham and no airport incidents to report either but the old run over by a train syndrome has now kicked in...blimey I haven't even venturned into the cubbyhole yet...never mind got round to unpacking my suitcase...
the eagle eyed amongst may have spotted the knitting needles...had a real "what ever came over me" moment but that's a story for another day. I'm lying low for a few days until the old body recovers from what was the bestest fun 5 days at the Christmas Hobbycraft show at The NEC. I set off bright and early on Wednesday morning from sunny Aberdeen...not two words that often sit together when it comes to the weather in this neck of the woods...to arrive in dark dismal rainy Birmingham but hey after my shivery chilly experience in March I was prepared for all eventualities...Nanook of the North Coat...thermal underwear and hot water bottle.
Wednesday is set up day...in a word BEDLAM...once I had set up the workshop area...it was time to head over to the Fiskars stand and help unpack what feels like thousands of boxes...strangely enough all those products don't just jump on to the wall...in other words...it's ABSOLUTE CHAOS but with the help of lots of coffee and good humour it all comes together...
I was so excited to finally meet in person the lovely Caroline...our temporary standing in for maternity leave...boss at Fiskars...she's an absolute sweetheart and very pretty too...
and woohoo she brought us a huge bag of the most delicious Macaroons...the salted caramel were to die for...all the way from Paris...needless to say they didn't last very long...
lovely to meet too our new demonstrator Lisa and as always great to partner up again with my gorgeous Fiskars Sister...Hina and the lovely Jane and Penny from The Art of Craft.
Little did I know they were hatching plans...naughty tinkers that they are...for my birthday the following day but I'll tell you all about that tomorrow...best go unpack before the dirty laundry is walking to the machine all by itself.
Toodle oo for now
Hugs Kath xxx