Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The Birthday Girl...

Hi folks...I'm feeling decidedly ropey...looks like it may be more than just the after show syndrome...lots of NEC buddies seem to be suffering from it too....Barbara Gray...Enfys and my fellow teamie Lisa have all been feeling under the weather...it's hardly surprising when you have thousands of folks all in the one big room that you pick up a few germs so it's going to be another chilling out jammie day snuggled up on the sofa and a chance for me to share more pics from Birmingham.
I love the atmosphere of the Hobbycraft Christmas show...The NEC always go that extra mile to put everyone in festive mood...
a stunning Christmas Scene entirely made from paper at the entrance to the show and cute snowy Christmas scenes everywhere and with a quintet playing Christmas music...there was a real toe-tapping sing-a-long Christmas feel...
but Thursday was my birthday and when you've had as many birthdays as I have...well it's just another day really...OK I did expect maybe a hug and a kiss on the morning of the event but I should have known that my naughty "always up to some kind of mischief" Fiskars buddies would have a trick or two up their sleeves and arrived to find my sneaky Fiskars boss...the lovely Caroline busy blowing up balloons...
 to decorate the workshop area...
Birthdays are times usually spent with family and friends but on this occasion it was lovely to spend the day with my fabulous Fiskars Family and all the lovely crafty friends who came to the workshops and treated me to 6 renditions of Happy Birthday.
Sadly Caroline flew back to France that afternoon and couldn't join us for the fabulous birthday dinner...lots of fun and laughter with a glass or two of liquid refreshment thrown in...a night to remember...
 with my Fiskars teamies Hina and Lisa...
 and my bestest bud...Enfys...
Big thank you girls for your wonderful company and the pressies...from Enfys a gorgeous picture frame and card...

 along with a wall plaque for the cubbyhole...
and from my Fiskars buds...the most gorgeous scarf...
but I might have known there was a catch...just kidding girls...when the birthday surprise included some Fiskars products for projects with a needed yesterday deadline attached...
But when it's your birthday...you're allowed to be a little more mad than usual...my bestest bud Enfys and this crafty girl just couldn't resist having some fun tinkling the ivories on The NEC pink piano...
check out the workshop debris stuck to my shoe
See you all tomorrow with more fun tales from The NEC....in the meantime I may have to wander into the cubbyhole and make a start on nailing that deadline.
Hugs Kath xxx