Monday, November 18, 2013

That Was The Week That Was...

Hi folks...I can't believe a week has gone by since I arrived home from Birmingham and what a week...I think I've finally managed to shake off that nasty bug and thank goodness for that because I'm completely Manuka honeyed out...I swear it tasted sweeter and sweeter with every spoonful. It's been a week of little or nothing happening in the cubbyhole and you'll know it was serious when not even my crafty purchases from the NEC were kindling any ideas in the crafty department. I didn't have much time for shopping and to be honest the days of pushing and shoving my way through a sea of crafty shoppers always going in the opposite direction are long gone so in desperation I did a quick run around early on Sunday morning before the show opened...making a beeline for one of my favourite crafty stores to say hello to the lovely Brenda and David at Craft Obsessions and stock up on more Tim Holtz goodies...
purchasing one last blending tool to complete my now 4 storeys high Distress Ink spinner and if by any chance you happen to read this Mr Holtz...I will have to add a mezzanine level to the cubbyhole if you decide to release any more colours and hubby will not be best pleased...
and right next door on a knitting stand I spotted the most gorgeous shawl/scarf so I came home armed with the yarn...needles and pattern...wondering when I would find the time to complete this task and thinking that perhaps I should have tried to persuade the nice lady to part with the finished sample...
but I'm one of those folks who can't just sit and watch telly so I've been clicking away of an evening and it's coming along nicely...
absolutely no thought required...just follow the pattern and definitely less messy than crafting...just roll it up and pop back it in the bag until you feel like picking up where you left off.
Next stop on the frantic shopping expedition was a quick hello and goodbye to my lovely buddy Kim Costello who had a stand showcasing her beautiful Paperbabe Stamps...it was so kind of her to give me this beautiful set of Christmas Trees and I can't wait to play.
 thanks to the lovely folks at WOW for the flower and leaf moulds
and thank you MDF Man...yes the adorable Rob gave me some albums to hold my Creativity Chemisty Online Class tags and a pile of MDF Christmas ornaments to decorate
and I arrived home to find gorgeous birthday cards from my lovely Penny Black Saturday buddy Nat and my lovely Craftwork Cards buddy Julie...
 and last but not least a Birthday Card from M&S along with a voucher for afternoon tea for two.
So fingers crossed it's going to be a "back to firing on all cylinders" kind of a day...there's a Timmie "12 Tags of 2013" tag to do and projects to make for Saturday's Kath's Club at The Papeterie. Toodle oo for now and I'll see you all tomorrow.
Hugs Kath xxx