Saturday, November 16, 2013

Christmas Roses...

Hi folks...it's my turn to post on the Craftwork Cards Blog today but I've found myself stuck in a crafty rut since returning from Birmingham so what on earth was I going to make.  Well a good old rummage through the mountain of crafty things to do currently piled high on my workdesk produced a bit of a lightbulb moment when I spotted a "Christmas Rose Wreath Kit"...the old brain went off on a tangent...the result is a Christmas Roses Tree Hanger created with 15 of the gorgeous die cut roses from the kit...easy to make but a nightmare to capture all that sparkly gorgeousness with the camera...
The perfect project for this "under the weather" crafter...yes I'm still suffering from this nasty NEC bug...crikey just when I think I'm feeling better...slap bang wallop I'm back to the achy head...barking like a dog and feeling pants again.  So I snuggled up on the sofa with the wind howling outside...the Furry Boy and TV for company...popped out the die cut flowers..shaped and curled them before assembling with glossy accents...
 and before you know...they're done...
and ready for a flittering of glitter around the edges of each petal...I used a glue pen and the sparkliest glitter on the planet...Ranger's gorgeous Stickles Dry Fine Glitter...Platinum but the liquid version of Stickles would work just as well.
To make the tree shape....trim A4 card at 8.1/4"...mark the centre and draw a line with a ruler down from the centre to each corner and trim.  I cut 2 trees so that I could encase the ribbon and tree trunk between the layers. Colour the front and edges of the tree with Distress Ink Gathered Twigs using a blending tool...position the flowers and fix down with Glossy Accents.  Fill in any gaps with Glossy Accents and sprinkle with glitter.
finishing off spraying the whole thing with adhesive and another light sprinkling of glitter...
I ended up looking like the Christmas Fairy and needed a good old brush down before I could venture out to the shops...
Simples and if like me you're someone who can't just sit and watch telly...I always have to be doing something with my hands...it's a great way to relax but be creative at the same time.
I'll see you all tomorrow for a brand new Colour Challenge over at The Ribbon Girls Blog...in the meantime the old jalopy has an appointment today at the garage to get it's winter footwear fitted...winter will be arriving very soon in my neck of the woods according to the boffins from the Met Office so I'm off to look out all the "wrap up cosy" chilly winter weather dog walking gear.
Hugs Kath xxx