Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Winter Wonderland...

Hi folks...hardly a surprise that we woke up yesterday to a beautiful snowy wonderland...
the first snowfall of winter which by the way the weather boffins had been forecasting for days but as usual our local council were caught napping yet again and the daily commute for many was absolute nose to tail chaos...fortunately the Furry Boy and his Mum are on the ball...the "keep cosy" winter wardrobe was ready and waiting in the hall and the four wheeled transport has got it's winter footwear on....not a minute too soon it seems.
But back to the crafty stuff...if you pop over regularly you'll probably have noticed that I have a mega serious inky edge addiction...just can't help myself when it comes to giving everything the old blending tool treatment so needless to say I struggled with my DT White card for Sunday's Ribbon Girl Colour Challenge...I certainly needed all my powers of willpower and had to sit on my hands at times to stop myself but always up for a challenge I decided to test my resolve...bite the bullet and have another go...
which threw up more problems to ponder...I'm mightily confused...surely WHITE is just WHITE isn't it...

apparently not...it would seem there are lots of variations of WHITE...I dabbed the Ivory Mesh with Picket Fence Distress Paint and it looked white to me but the camera doesn't agree and now it appears even more ivory than it did before it's paint make-over...


But never mind...pure white or not I rather like the added texture and I'm currently polishing my halo for managing to resist the temptation of grabbing an ink pad and blending tool and itching to play some more with Tim's fabulous Blueprint Framelits BUT first things first...there's a pile of kitting to be done for Kath's Klub on Saturday at The Papeterie so it's time to motivate the cubbyhole crew...crank up the production line cosy and snug in the cubbyhole.
See you all tomorrow
Hugs Kath xxx