Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Art of Paper Floristry...

Hi folks...yesterday didn't quite turn out to be the "firing on all cylinders" day I intended...it all went pear shaped when we overslept...leaving me running around like a headless chicken to shower dress and fit in our morning stroll before dashing off to the hairdresser...only to discover my appointment is for today...looks like the "activate the brain" switch and the Furry Boy's built in alarm clock are on the blink.
But back to the real purpose of the post and a question for you...did you order the Craftwork Cards "Art of Paper Floristry" Kit...I do hope so because you are going to love it. I was in mega oohing and aahing mode when I received mine to make samples for the Pick Of The Day launch on Create and Craft last week...it is drop dead gorgeous...2 pads of beautiful papers and delicious die cut flowers...matching Candi and a beautiful inspiration booklet with instructions on how to make all the flowers. I couldn't choose a favourite between the two colour collections...Sherbet...beautiful pastel romantic dreamy colours and Blush Rose...gorgeous shabby chic soft spicy colours.
Craftwork Cards sent me this gorgeous heart shaped blackboard wreath to decorate....oooh la la...right up my street. I gave it a whitewashed look wiping on White Acrylic Paint before adding a beautiful White Guipure Lace border from The Ribbon Girl and then set to work curling...shaping and layering up the flower die cuts from the Sherbet Pad...
This would have looked great hanging in my utility room...another aide memoire for this forgetful crafter to jot down the things I need to remember but I couldn't deny him his Create and Craft TV debut so rather reluctantly parcelled it up and sent it on it's way...

and a couple of cards made with the gorgeous Blush Rose...



Everyone at Craftwork Cards would love to see what you make with the kit...all you have to do is e-mail your projects to Tina at sparklygirltina@gmail.com or to Julie at julie@craftworkcards.com and they will be happy to share your inspiration with us all on the Craftwork Cards Blog.
Let's hope it's not going to be another That Was The Week That Was...toodle oo for now and I'll see you all tomorrow to share some Winter Wonderland makes...
Hugs Kath xxx