Thursday, August 14, 2014

Out and About...

Hi folks...I had the best day out yesterday with my lovely buddy Annie...we headed off to Mains Of Drum...little did we know it was going to be an all weather adventure and no mistake...sunshine one minute and monsoon conditions the next...it's just as well the car was on automatic pilot mode because most of the time I couldn't see a darned thing even with the wipers on warp speed...

A nice relaxing lunch and lots of time for chatting...catching up on all the news before we headed to The Papeterie for a little bit of retail therapy...coffee and a slice of the absolutely delicious cake Annie had made for me along with this gorgeous tag...
time spent with a lovely friend was just what I needed after a traumatic week.
The Papeterie is now stocking Americana Decor Chalk Finish Paint from Decoart...I used to use Decoart Acrylic Paint in my ceramic days and know that it's top quality so I'm home with a pot of their Crackle Medium to try out for one of the Craft Retreat projects...anything that doesn't move will be crackled...just saying...
and talking of inanimate objects...the patient is taking the vet's advice of lots of rest and gentle recuperation very seriously...
we're back to the vet today to get the wound checked out and all being well...fingers crossed for a smaller dressing or better still none at all.
And I've got to get my work hat on and get busy...busy...there are Kath's Klub projects to organise...projects for The Retreat at The Papeterie to finish off and kit and in between I need to put my thinking cap on for the project for the Fiskars Workshop at The NEC in November and start to source materials ready for that great big kitting marathon BUT first...I'm having a little playtime with this month's "12 Tags of 2014" tag...I'm just waiting for the texture paste to dry and then it's messy hands here I come...
but I'll be keeping an eye out for the postie this morning...I'm waiting for a brand new kit from Craftwork Cards ready to make samples for the Bank Holiday Weekend shows on Create and Craft and I have a sneaky feeling you are going to absolutely love this one too...just saying. I'll see you all tomorrow to share the project I made for my monthly post over at the Craftwork Cards Blog
Hugs Kath xxx