Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous - Holiday Sketchbook

Hi my friends, I'm sharing the acetate overlay cards I made for the YouTube Live launch of Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Christmas release using Holiday Sketchbook, Tiny Poinsettia, HollyBerry Layering Stencils and Christmas Elements Stencils with lots of new products from the Ranger Holiday release. If you missed the Live, you can catch up with all the new stamps and stencils and check out the amazing projects from the Makers on Tim's YouTube Channel HERE or Tim's Blog HERE.

I began by trimming heavyweight acetate to create 2 - 4" x 5.1/4" panels and applied Distress Snowfall Grit Paste through the Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Tiny Poinsettia, Hollyberry Layering Stencils and Christmas Elements Stencils using a palette knife and set aside to dry.
I trimmed panels of Distress Watercolor card to the same size as the acetate panels and spritzed the panel on the left with Iced Spruce and Faded Jeans Distress Oxide Spray Stains, dried and spritzed with Winter Frost and Fresh Balsam Distress Mica Stains, flicked on water and dried. I repeated the process for the right hand panel using Kitsch Flamingo and Evergreen Bough Distress Oxide Spray Stains and Cocktail Party and Merry Mint Distress Mica Stains.
I stamped the images and sentiments from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Holiday Sketchbook with Black Soot Distress Archival and matted the panels on to Distress Watercolor Card trimmed to be 1/8" larger.
I coloured the images and around one of the sentiments with Picket Fence Distress Watercolor pencil shavings from my palette using a small brush and because I had left the stamps on the lid of my stamp platform, I was able to re-stamp with Black Soot Distress Archival ink to sharpen up the images. I flicked Distress Resist Spray on to the panels, sprinkled with White Fine Detail Embossing Powder and heat set to create snow on the background.
I spritzed ribbon with Cocktail Party and Winter Frost Distress Mica Stains and dried. I lined up the acetate on the panels and used Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher to fix the lengths of ribbon on the panels and tied a knot and trimmed. I stamped extra sentiments on to scraps of the coloured Distress Watercolor card and fixed to the front and back of the acetate.
I scored and folded Simon Says Black Cardstock to create the cards, added a panel of Distress Watercolor card inside and stamped the matching images and sentiments, inked with Black Soot Distress Archival ink.


This is when I realised what should have been glaringly obvious, on reflection, excuse the puns. Yes,  acetate cards are notoriously difficult to photograph so apologies for my amateur camera skills.  Watch this space for more projects made with this amazing collection of stamps and stencils, in the meantime, have fun with whatever you are creating.
Hugs Kath xxx

2 comments:

  1. Stunnning cards Kath. Love the textures and colours. Anesha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning.amazing colours and textures.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete