Friday, October 21, 2022

Simon Says - Holiday Ornaments Bauble

Woohoo it's Friday and I'm sharing the last of the series of cards made using the bauble ornament from the Holiday Ornaments stamp set and co-ordinating dies from Simon Says Stamp STAMPtember release and Tim Holtz/Sizzix Pine Branches 3D Texture Fade.


I trimmed Distress Watercolor card to 3" x 8", spritzed with water, placed in the Tim Holtz/Sizzix Pine Branches 3D Texture Fade and ran through my die-cutting machine. I coloured lightly over the embossed area with Shaded Lilac and Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide inks using Simon Says Round Detail Blending Brushes.
I stamped the bauble ornament from the Holiday Ornaments stamp set on to Distress Watercolor card, inked with Simon Says Intense Black ink and coloured with the same colours as I used on the 3D Texture Fade from my Distress Watercolor Pencils palette and Brushed Pewter Distress Paint for the ornament top.
I stamped the sentiment, inked with Shaded Lilac Distress Oxide ink, added splatters of the same colour and splatter of Distress Resist Spray. I sprinkled Simon Says White Embossing Powder over the Distress Resist Spray and heat set. I die-cut the bauble ornaments using the co-ordinating Holiday Ornaments dies.
I added Silver Sparkle thread as hangers, fixed the ornaments in place with Simon Says Foam Squares and used a mini round blending tool to add Shaded Lilac Distress Oxide ink lightly around the edges.
I added white dots to the baubles using a Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen and added Idea-ology Mirrored Stars fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium.

To finish, I matted the panel on to a White Slimline card.
Enjoy your weekend whatever you have planned. I'll be heading over to Tim and Mario's place for the Live Launch of Stampers Anonymous stamps and stencil on Tim's YouTube Channel 9am PT, 12pm ET and 5pm in the UK. Book your front row seat, stock up on your snacks and I'll see you there.
Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment:

  1. I have loved all the face baubles but these with the bow are not my cup of tea for some reason.


    ReplyDelete