Friday, October 14, 2022

Simon Says - Holly Branch Embossing Folder

Happy Friday my friends, I've been having lots of fun creating backgrounds with Simon Says Stamp Holly Branch Embossing Folder, an old favourite, from the Handmade Holiday release and sentiments from the Holiday Ornaments stamp set from the STAMPtember release. I'm sharing one card today and will share the other 2 cards tomorrow.


I placed a 4" x 5.1/4" panel of Simon Says Fog Gray card into the Holly Branch Embossing folder and ran through my die-cutting machine. I coloured the embossed areas lightly with Candied Apple, Mowed Lawn and Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide inks using Simon Says Detail Round Blending Brushes
I inked the "wishes" section of the sentiment and the holly berry image from Simon Says Holiday Ornaments with Fog ink and stamped randomly on the panel.
I die-cut Simon Says Merry Frame from Distress Watercolor card and card coloured with Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide ink and fixed to the panel with Distress Collage Medium. I added splatters of Distress Resist Spray, sprinkled with Simon Says White Embossing Powder and heat set.
I stamped the holly berry image on to Distress Watercolor card inked with Simon Says Intense Black ink, coloured with Barn Door, Tumbled Glass and Rustic Wilderness from my Distress Watercolor Pencils palette, die-cut with the Holiday Ornaments die and fixed over the frame using Simon Says Foam Squares.

To finish I added an Idea-ology Christmas Label Sticker, coloured the edge of the panel with Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide ink using a mini round blending tool and matted on to an A2 white card blank.
Have fun with whatever you're creating and I'll be back tomorrow to share the other two cards I made using this gorgeous Embossing Folder.
Hugs Kath xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment