Thursday, October 27, 2022

I've Got Christmas All Wrapped Up

Hi my friends, I'm sharing my "I've got Christmas All Wrapped Up" projects I made using the amazing  Bottlebrush Trees stamp set from the Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Christmas release of stamps and stencils. I had great fun creating my own Rustic Woodland themed wrapping paper,  cards, tags and gift card holders also using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Specimen, Collector and Framed Tags Thinlits. If you missed the Live launch of the new release, you can catch up over on Tim's YouTube Channel HERE and see all the projects from each of the Makers on Tim's Blog HERE.


I began by taping black wrapping paper to my workdesk and placed 2 different sizes of Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Bottlebrush Trees on to Tim Holtz Grid Blocks, inked with Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide ink and Picket Fence Distress Ink and stamped randomly over the paper. I masked off a small section of the Hollyberry Layering Stencil and applied Crushed Olive Distress Oxide ink through the stencil using a mini round blending tool and moved the stencil around to fill in the blank spaces.

I covered Distress Watercolor card with the black paper, inked the raised edge of the medium sized Tim Holtz/Sizzix Framed Tags Thinlits with Picket Fence Distress Ink using the Distress Small Brayer and die-cut.  I stamped the Bottlebrush tree inked with Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide ink and applied Picket Fence Distress Ink using a piece of Ranger Cut 'n Dry through the Elements Christmas Stencil.I added splatters of White Gesso and Decayed Distress Mica Stain, wrapped the package and tied with white seam binding ribbon. I fixed the tag to the package with a small foam square and added a seam binding bow and twine.


I repeated the "making my own wrapping paper" process on the reverse of the black paper, stamped the Bottlebrush trees with Rustic Wilderness and Brushed Corduroy Distress Oxide inks and added splatters of Brushed Corduroy Distress Oxide ink and Decayed Distress Mica Stain. 
I lightly inked around the package with Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide ink, tied the package with twine and added a tag die-cut with a circle die, stamped with a tree and Brushed Corduroy Distress Oxide ink applied through the Christmas Element Stencil.
I repeated the stamping and stencilling on the front of a Tim Holtz/Sizzix Specimen File Folder
coloured the inside with Brushed Corduroy Distress Oxide ink, stamped a Bottlebrush tree, inked with Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide ink and added Idea-ology Metallic Stickers.
I created a tag card to match the black package on Distress Watercolor card and stencilled using Black Soot Distress Oxide ink.
I decided to switch up the colours and bring in some red. I used Candied Apple Ditress Oxide ink with Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Bold Tidings 2 and the Christmas Elements Stencil and the stars from the Specimen Thinlits set are die-cut from card coloured with Candied Apple. I die-cut the Collector pocket from Idea-ology Christmas Backdrops paper.

The wrapping paper did take a bit of time but hey the cute little Specimen card and Collector pocket took no time at all, way to go if you have a bumper list of cards to make.


Happy Festive Making
Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment: