Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Simon Says - Holiday Ornaments - Reindeer

Hi my friends, it's going to be a whole week of cute and I'm sharing another card using the adorable Reindeer from Simon Says Holiday Ornaments stamp set and matching dies from the STAMPtember release and the gorgeous Tim Holtz/Sizzix Pine Branches 3D Texture Fade which is perfect for adding subtle details to the background.


I trimmed Distress Watercolor card to 4" x 5.1/4", smooshed Old Paper Distress Oxide ink on to my Glass Media Mat, spritzed with water and dragged the panel through the ink, dried and tapped back in to pick up the remaining ink droplets. I spritzed the back of the panel with water, placed in the Tim Holtz/Sizzix Pine Branches 3D Texture Fade and ran through my die-cutting machine. I added Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide ink over the detail on the branches using a mini round blending tool to accent and darken slightly.
I stamped the sentiment from  Holiday Ornaments, inked with Candied Apple Distress Oxide ink, on to the panel, sprinkled with Simon Says Clear Embossing Powder and heat set.
I stamped the images on to Distress Watercolor card with Simon Says Intense Black ink, coloured using my Distress Watercolor Pencils palette and die-cut using the matching Holiday Ornaments dies.
I added splatters of Distress Resist Spray to the background, sprinkled with Simon Says White Embossing Powder and heat set. I fixed red thread to the panel as a hanger for the ornament and fixed all the die-cuts in place using Simon Says Foam Squares.
I applied Sakura Black Glaze Pen to the reindeer eyes and added white dots to the reindeer, peppermint candies and holly berries using a Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen.
To finish I added Ranger Glossy Accents to the reindeer nose and holly berries, applied Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide ink around the edges using a mini round blending tool and matted the panel on to an A2 white card blank.

I'll be back soon with the third in the series of the Holiday Ornaments card featuring the main man himself, yes the one with the red suit. Have fun with whatever you are making.
Hugs Kath xxx