Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Season Of Magic

Hi my friends, it's been a busy playtine with the new Distress release from Ranger and I'm sharing another card made using the Distress Mica Crayons from the Tim Holtz Seasonal Holiday release with Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Festive Layering Stencil and Distress Opague Texture Paste and an Idea-ology Christmas Word Plaque.


I trimmed Distress Watercolor card to 4" x 5.1/4", applied Distress Opague Texture Paste through the Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Festive Layering Stencil and once the paste had dried, I spritzed the panel with Speckled Egg Distress Oxide Spray. I applied a layer of Distress Collage Medium over the panel and left to dry. I scribbled Tart Cranberry, Fresh Balsam, Shiny Bauble and Crooked Broomstick Distress Mica Crayons over the raised detail and smoothed and blended out with my finger.  I then applied Crooked Broomstick over the entire panel, again blending it into the detail with my finger and wiped back in certain areas to lighten. I spritzed lightly with water and dapped with kitchen towel to lift colour from the background and create the water droplet effect. I added splatters of Distress Resist Spray, sprinkled with White and Black Embossing Powders and heat set.

I scribbled Picket Fence Distress Crayon over an Idea-ology Christmas Word Plaque, rubbed into the detail with my fingers, wiped back with a clean cloth, added Idea-ology Hardware Heads to cover the holes and fixed to the panel with Distress Collage Medium. I added Idea-ology White Christmas Tiny Text Remnant Rubs.
I matted the panel on to Idea-ology Gold Metallic KraftStock trimmed to be slightly larger and fixed to an A2 white card blank. To finish I added Ranger Glossy Accents over the red berries.

Have fun with whatever you are making
Hugs Kath xxx