Thursday, October 20, 2022

Simon Says - Holiday Ornaments Santa

Hi my friends, OK buckle up for another cutie, the third card in the series using Simon Says Holiday Ornaments stamp set and dies from the STAMPtember release, this time featuring Santa along with the Tim Holtz/Sizzix Pine Branches 3D Texture Fade, a match made in heaven.


I applied Rustic Wilderness and Peeled Paint Distress Oxide inks to the raised surface of Tim Holtz/Sizzix Pine Branches 3D Texture Fade using Simon Says Round Detail Blending Brushes and spritzed with water. I laid a 4" x 5.1/4" panel of Distress Watercolor card in to the folder and ran through my die-cutting machine.I added splatters of Desist Resist Spray using the tube from the bottle, sprinkled with Simon Says White Embossing Powder and heat set. This is my go-to method of adding snow to Distress ink projects because it stays white.I performed a little bit of surgery to separate different sentiments from the Holiday Ornaments set and stamped on the bottom corner of the panel, inked with Candied Apple Distress Oxide ink.I added splatters of Distress Gilded Foundry Wax and heated until they turned shiny.I stamped the images from Holiday Ornaments, inked with Simon Says Intense Black ink, on to scraps of Distress Watercolor card and coloured using my Distress Watercolor Pencils palette and a small brush.I die-cut the images using the co-ordinating Holiday Ornaments dies.I added gold thread and fixed the die-cut images in place with Simon Says Foam Squares and Distress Collage Medium. It was at this stage I noticed that the Santa is not in fact an ornament so didn't need a hanger, oops, I won't tell if you don't.I inked lightly around the edge of the panel with Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide ink using a mini round blending tool and added white dots on the peppermint candies, holly berries, the fur on Santa's hat and his beard using a Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen and Sakura Black Glaze Pen on his eyes. Once dry, I applied Ranger Glossy Accents and matted the panel on to an A2 white card panel.
I'll be back tomorrow to complete the series using the bauble ornament from the set. Have fun with whatever you're making. I'm thinking that at the rate I'm going, my Christmas card box will be filled and ready to go in no time.
Hugs Kath xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment